It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-22-2002, 06:44 PM   #1

MAN WITH LUPUS HB User
Thumbs down How frequent do you get tired???

How long do your your good spells last I think I have gone about a month & a half feeling good. and right now I am no feeling so hot.

sal

Old 12-25-2002, 08:22 PM   #2
Inactive

Denise F HB User
Everyone is different it can be days, weeks, months
or even years in some cases. Just don't get too discouraged, try to eat healthy get plenty of rest
and read everything you can find about lupus and what
you can do to help yourself. I like the advice Dr.
Weil gives about how to take care of yourself when you
have Lupus. Go to a book store and look up his books
or check out his web site.

------------------

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-27-2002, 07:02 AM   #3

AlisBaby HB User
I've gone as long as three months feeling just fine, then -- it hits. I'm currently in the worst flare in quite some time. Usually I just get two or three symptoms at a time and this time 'round I've got them ALL with some new ones to boot!!! YIKES!!

Sorry to hear you're not feeling well. I hope this flare is short and doesn't give you too much trouble.

Old 01-03-2003, 11:01 PM   #4

MAN WITH LUPUS HB User
Thumbs up

THANKS FOR THE TIP ABOUT THE BOOK AND I APPRECIAT YOUR COMMENTS. ITS KIND OF WEIRD THESE ARE THINGS I REALY CAN'T TALK TO FAMILY AND FRIENDS ABOUT BECAUSE THEY SIMPLY COULD NOT UNDER STAND WITH OUT A LOT OF EXPLAINING. YOU KNOW HOW DR. ARE DIFFERENT I GUESS.

JUST LOOK I AM FROM GLENDORA CA A LITTLE SUBURBAN TOWN ON THE WEST OAST. I RECEIVE BETTER ADVICE FROM OTHERS AROUND THE USA.

TALK TOO YOU SOON I HOPE WE ALL HAVE TO STICK TOGETHER

SAL
Quote:
Originally posted by Denise F:
Everyone is different it can be days, weeks, months
or even years in some cases. Just don't get too discouraged, try to eat healthy get plenty of rest
and read everything you can find about lupus and what
you can do to help yourself. I like the advice Dr.
Weil gives about how to take care of yourself when you
have Lupus. Go to a book store and look up his books
or check out his web site.

------------------
SAL

Old 01-04-2003, 03:36 PM   #5

Sunrise151 HB User
Hi
My sister has Lupus and she felt very good for over one year now. She tried to eat lots of healthy things and takes a break whenever she needs it. But she is also very active in sports and that seems to help her to feel better.
But there are also lots of people, who don´t feel well all the time or very seldom. I think it depends on the person, if he/she is feeling well a long time or a very short time or never.

Old 01-05-2003, 12:55 PM   #6

MAN WITH LUPUS HB User
Smile

HI SUNRISE GREATINGS FROM SOUTHER CA,

WOW FRANKFURT GERMANY THIS BOARD REALY REACHS OUT THERE MY SISTER USED TO BE STATIONED OUT THERE IN THE ARMY IN A TOWN CALLED (GAILHOUSEN). ANY WAY I HAVE HAD IT FOR 5 YEARS AND I TOO AM VERY ACTIVE IN SPORTS ACTIVITIES. RIGHT NOW I AM INVOLVED IN DOING WALKATHONS FOR VARIOUS CAUSES SOME TIMES YES I DO FEEL TERRIBLE BUT I KNOW THERE ARE KIDS OUT THERE SUFFERING. SO I FIGURE IF IM GOING TO FIGHT IM GOING TO FIGHT FOR OTHERS. HELL IM ONLY 27 I STILL HAVE A LIFE TIME OF FIGHT LEFT. AND EVERY TIME I COMPETE I'M EVEN DOING IT FOR YOUR SISTER IN GOOD FAITH. WE ALL HAVE TO STICK TOGETHER WE WILL BEAT THIS SOME DAY.

KEEP IN TOUCH I POST ALL THE TIME

WE HAVE TO KEEP HPE ALIVE TELL YOUR SISTER STAY STRONG (NEVER GIVE UP.

SAL
Quote:
Originally posted by Sunrise151:
Hi
My sister has Lupus and she felt very good for over one year now. She tried to eat lots of healthy things and takes a break whenever she needs it. But she is also very active in sports and that seems to help her to feel better.
But there are also lots of people, who don´t feel well all the time or very seldom. I think it depends on the person, if he/she is feeling well a long time or a very short time or never.

Old 04-05-2007, 10:40 PM   #7
(female)

byHizgrc HB User
Re: How frequent do you get tired???

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAN WITH LUPUS View Post
How long do your your good spells last I think I have gone about a month & a half feeling good. and right now I am no feeling so hot.

sal
Personally, I've been in a "spell" for about 7 years now. I know how hard it can be & discouraging. Some are like me & would give our right arm to have just a week feeling 1/2 way normal. Count your blessings! Considering you've had good spells, you'll most likely have them again. So, just keep that in mind & patiently wait on it.

Old 04-08-2007, 06:08 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

goldenwings HB User
Smile Re: How frequent do you get tired???

Hello there WML,

Welcome to the forum. Sorry not to have replied sooner but I have been away for while. I have had SLE for 30+ years. I have been coming to this forum for a couple of years now and it has been such a wonderful, warm, friendly and informative place to be.

Thing is, remission differs for all of us, in length of time and frequency. So many things need to be looked at when you have lupus of any sort. Fatigue though is a major factor I believe for all people with lupus. The best thing for some people is to have a couple of hours rests in the afternoon, or when the tiredness really hits. Not possible for so many people though because of work, or children or a million other commitments they have. You have to learn to get to know and understand your body and do as it tells you.

Don't push and push if the tiredness is hitting you, take notice and act accordingly if you can. If you do overdo things, this is when the whole of your body can react and put you back into a not so good place for your lupus to start out throwing up symptoms again. Don't overdo things, but gentle exercise and fresh air, diet and - most importantly - knowledge of lupus are your best tools to keep on top of things to the best of your ability.

Keep on coming back, it's good to meet you. You will never be short of information, help and friendship here.

Take care

goldenwings

Last edited by goldenwings; 04-16-2007 at 01:45 PM. Reason: misspelling

Old 04-16-2007, 11:11 AM   #9
(female)

marie59 HB User
Re: How frequent do you get tired???

ive been in a flare up for about 2 yrs.started doing chemo. about one and half yrs ago.my lupus seems to be under control now but have lots of other things going on.its different for everyone.i rest everyday.sorry your not feeling well. this is a great site lots of support.hugs to you .....marie

Closed Thread