It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-01-2003, 09:44 AM   #1

shasha HB User
Question Will it give full relief?

Happy New Year All!
I have a ques. for those who have taken prednisone. I've been on it since sat. I have noticed relief from my symptoms which has been great. Though today is a very raining day and boy did I sleep awful and woke up in pain everywhere. Maybe I have not been on it long enough. I would appreciate your experiences with prednisone. Should I expect to get full relief in time? I know I sound so hopefull and maybe crazy to think I could feel back to normal.
Thanks for your time.
Sha

Old 01-05-2003, 07:52 PM   #2

Ceya HB User
Hi
Shasta, I was on Predisone the week before christmas,
I was burning all over and pain in joints. It seemed to make my burning skin go away but that was all. I still began to flare. I finished it on Monday. Went to the doctor again on Thurs. He did not want to have to put me on the predisone again so he has prescribed and overthe counter DHEA 200mgs. to try. I hope you get full relief but unforturnalty I did not.
Sorry.
Ceya

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-06-2003, 02:25 PM   #3

shasha HB User
Unhappy

Hey Ceya,
Im glad to here it helped with your skin because that must be an awful feeling. Im sorry to here it did not help anything else. It has helped me to an extent, but if my symtoms are really flaring I just dont think it does enough. My Rumy talked about putting me on 200mg of DHEA also, but he scared me away from it saying it can make you grow hair on your face and back. Maybe he was not serious. Im not sure.
He also told me I need to start taking Glucoosamine/Chondrotin-he said everyone should be on this, he said studies show it regrows new cratiledge and can actually repair joints. He said you can buy it at Wal-mart for 20$ I believe its all natrual. I have to read a little more on it. Sounds worth a try.
Thanks for your response.
Sha

Closed Thread