It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2003, 05:25 AM   #1

mwatson2001 HB User
Post Regarding pregnancy and lupus

While my daughter was at a dr. appt. I happened to mention in passing that I was on heparin therapy during both pregnancies. I had developed blood clots in my leg at 16 years old for no apparent reason. I told him that we were getting ready to try for number three. He asked if I had ever had blood tests run to check for lupus anti-coagulant. He said that it was extremely important I do so before trying. Apparently, this can cause blood clots to form between the placenta and uterine wall, causing miscarriage. This really had me freaked out because I could have just gotten lucky in that with my prior dx, heparin is standard treatment from the beginning of pregnancy. When I was pregnant with my dd (who has poly JRA, possibly mctd) my face broke out in a horrible red, bumpy rash that I thought was just acne. With my son, this did not happen. Anyway, I go on Feb 17th to have the bloodwork done. I am, of course, hoping for a negative test, however, it would explain why I got blood clots in the first place.

Michelle

Old 02-01-2003, 08:45 PM   #2

MAN WITH LUPUS HB User
Hello again
Check this site out I think it can help you.
[url="http://www.kitzbuhel.demon.co.uk/lupus/faqshets/faqs05.htm"]http://www.kitzbuhel.demon.co.uk/lupus/faqshets/faqs05.htm[/url]

This has to do with blood clots Reynods & Lupus & Hughes syndrome

Hope this helps good luck

Sal

Quote:
Originally posted by mwatson2001:
While my daughter was at a dr. appt. I happened to mention in passing that I was on heparin therapy during both pregnancies. I had developed blood clots in my leg at 16 years old for no apparent reason. I told him that we were getting ready to try for number three. He asked if I had ever had blood tests run to check for lupus anti-coagulant. He said that it was extremely important I do so before trying. Apparently, this can cause blood clots to form between the placenta and uterine wall, causing miscarriage. This really had me freaked out because I could have just gotten lucky in that with my prior dx, heparin is standard treatment from the beginning of pregnancy. When I was pregnant with my dd (who has poly JRA, possibly mctd) my face broke out in a horrible red, bumpy rash that I thought was just acne. With my son, this did not happen. Anyway, I go on Feb 17th to have the bloodwork done. I am, of course, hoping for a negative test, however, it would explain why I got blood clots in the first place.

Michelle

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread