It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2003, 07:26 PM   #1

shasha HB User
Question imuran

hi,
has anyone ever been on imuran. just started plaqunil and in one week will be startin imuran also. i am a little nervous about starting it. if youve been on it please share any experience you have had with it.
thanks alot

sha

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-10-2003, 03:51 AM   #2

annika.64 HB User
Smile

Hi Sha!
Yes, I've been on Plaquenil for years and was on Imuran for an extended period of time, also.
Please remember that each drug affects us all differently, but I'll tell a bit of my experience. As usual, we wanted some steroid sparing agents, so the imuran was the best shot.

I had abdominal discomfort, loose bowel motions (often urgent - especially early morn). It seemed little to pay for the possibility of reducing my prednisone. However, in my case, the use of the drug did not help with my Prednisone dosage, so it was eliminated from my already enormous list of drugs!!!

I can't say, "Don't be nervous!" We all are at some time. I will be when I start Forteo in the near future. Perhaps you can comfort me, then.

I hope you feel a little better, now.

Annie Kay

------------------
annie kay

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-10-2003, 11:50 AM   #3

shasha HB User
hi annie kay,

thanks so much for sharing and i hope all goes good with your new med.(i dont know anything about forteo)

have a good day!
sha,

Old 02-10-2003, 05:59 PM   #4

MAN WITH LUPUS HB User
Smile

Hi

All Imuran does is give your primary drug for Lupus help so you don't have to take so much of it no worries. you will be ok you won't even feel a change.

Sal

Quote:
Originally posted by shasha:
hi,
has anyone ever been on imuran. just started plaqunil and in one week will be startin imuran also. i am a little nervous about starting it. if youve been on it please share any experience you have had with it.
thanks alot

sha

Closed Thread