It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-18-2003, 07:25 PM   #1

MAN WITH LUPUS HB User
Angry Having Lupus & Raynods fighting the weather

I think having Lupus is tuff but I was also Dx with Raynods 1 1/2 yr later i guess that explained my blue fingers. Plus I used to live in S.F fo 5 yrs its cold all right up there.

sal

Old 01-18-2003, 11:28 PM   #2

ManicOne HB User
I know as a female having both is awful and we live in the tundra of Upstate NY I just can't stand this lately...The winter months are horrible...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-19-2003, 10:49 AM   #3

shasha HB User
Angry

I also have raynauds although I dont have my lupus diagnoses yet. I did get diagnosed with raynauds a few months ago. Living in VA has made it very tough. I dread getting stuff out of the freezer or even the fridg. I have been wearing gloves inside and keep thurmal socks on because I also have it on my toes.

Old 02-10-2003, 06:35 AM   #4

coldfeet HB User
Smile

Hi. I'm new to the site. I was dxed with secondary Raynauds last month, but I think I probably had the milder version of it most of my life. I have terrible foot ulcers, under the skin, and now I'm getting callouses there. The doctors keep insisting that its from my shoes, but I know its not - the skin is thickening only in those spots. I live in NY and the freezing weather this year is torture on my feet. They burn a lot. I don't have any other dxes yet, they are working on ruling out a lot of things. Do you take meds for your Raynauds?? I take Prednisone and Procardia, and that seems to reduce the swelling in my feet, which helps with the ulcers. Just think -- in a few months it will be spring!!!

Old 02-10-2003, 05:26 PM   #5

MAN WITH LUPUS HB User
Thumbs up

Hi

Prednisone is for treating Lupus ask your Dr. I wrote to you about it already take care.

Sal

Quote:
Originally posted by coldfeet:
Hi. I'm new to the site. I was dxed with secondary Raynauds last month, but I think I probably had the milder version of it most of my life. I have terrible foot ulcers, under the skin, and now I'm getting callouses there. The doctors keep insisting that its from my shoes, but I know its not - the skin is thickening only in those spots. I live in NY and the freezing weather this year is torture on my feet. They burn a lot. I don't have any other dxes yet, they are working on ruling out a lot of things. Do you take meds for your Raynauds?? I take Prednisone and Procardia, and that seems to reduce the swelling in my feet, which helps with the ulcers. Just think -- in a few months it will be spring!!!

Old 02-10-2003, 05:30 PM   #6

MAN WITH LUPUS HB User
Cool

I'm sorry move then I live in Socal I used to live in S.F its cold there and I had to move to better my self BUNDLE UP STAY WARM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sal
Quote:
Originally posted by ManicOne:
I know as a female having both is awful and we live in the tundra of Upstate NY I just can't stand this lately...The winter months are horrible...

Old 02-10-2003, 05:32 PM   #7

MAN WITH LUPUS HB User
Smile

Hi

Talk to your Dr. about (Nephedaphine)this is the MED that treats Raynods and keeps it under controll. I take 150mg 2xdaily.

Sal

Quote:
Originally posted by shasha:
I also have raynauds although I dont have my lupus diagnoses yet. I did get diagnosed with raynauds a few months ago. Living in VA has made it very tough. I dread getting stuff out of the freezer or even the fridg. I have been wearing gloves inside and keep thurmal socks on because I also have it on my toes.

Closed Thread