It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-16-2003, 10:24 AM   #1

ycpmc HB User
Angry no clear answers

Hi, I'm a little new to this area of the board. I'm trying to figure out what's going on with me... something my doctors are yet to do. The whole thing started in August, when I noticed slighty annoying, but not horrible aches in the long bones of my legs. By November, I was having worse aches and pains in all of my bones, joints, spine, it even feelt like the "joints" where the bones in my skull are hurt. The pain is the worst in my hands, feet and ankles. I attributed the pain to various things and brushed it off, but it wasn't until I started noticing the bizzar ulcers in my mouth that I started to get worried (they broke out on my tonge, gums and inside my cheeks. They were raise, white and hard). At first, I was terrified that I had AIDS, but I took 3 HIV tests, all of which came up negative. I decided to a see my school doctor in Dec, he did a CBC and lyme test, which was negative and the CBC showed nothing unusual. I decided to go to a "Real" doctor when my chest started to hurt, I had pain in my back below my ribs and the ulcers started showing up inside my nose. It was then that the nurse practioner asked me about my family and lupus. I have to go for an antibody blood test, but apparently that won't even be a clear sign of anything. Does this sound like what's going on with you guys?

Old 02-16-2003, 10:32 AM   #2

tammy26t HB User
hello, i was dx 2 years ago. i am far from knowing everything there is about lupus. but lupus is very hard to find. sometimes the docs will say it is something else when really it is lupus. just about everyone has different signs and symptoms. so you really need to go to a doc that will understand you and take the time to do all of the right test. some docs do not act like they believe you and make you feel like you are losing your mind. some of them try to make you think its all in your mind. so just find a great doc and hopefully they can help you. you really need a doc you trust.hope i helped you out a little bit.good luck with it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-16-2003, 05:04 PM   #3

shasha HB User
hi,
i have only been diagnosed for a very short time, but have found alot of very informative info. on the net.
the symptoms you mentioned including the ulcers are symptoms of lupus. although there are many overlapping symptoms for autoimmune diseases. i think i would find a rhumetologist who knows alot about lupus(not all do)
a good web site to check out is the lupus foundation of america- [url="http://www.lupus.org"]www.lupus.org[/url] there is great info there. it took me a year and a half to get my diagnoses and for some it takes alot longer.

best of luck
sha

Closed Thread