It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2009, 12:14 AM   #1
(female)

cna1980 HB User
Doctor Appt. today!

Yea, so who really gets excited about a dr. apptment? haha.
But, I posted a little while ago about finally getting insurance to see what is REALLY going on with me.

A few things I did notice was when I was out in the sun, I got this rash on my arm, and I was really nauseated, weak and had diarrhea as well. Me and the sun dont work well together.

So, anyway. Hopefully the doc will tell me whats goin on with me, if its just fibromyalgia or possibly more.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-05-2009, 09:43 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

VeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB User
Re: Doctor Appt. today!

cna, I'm so glad you got your insurance back & are headed to an appt.!

FYI, my recurrent rashes were on arm/torso. Over time, I became very photosensitive. In immature form, my lesions looked like plump juicy mosquito bites; in mature form, they looked like palm-sized rings with clear centers. Barely itched, didn't scar or depigment. My rash Dx was subacute cutaneous lupus erythematosus (SCLE), annular [means ringlike] form. Further FYI, there's another form of SCLE rash called psoriasiform, that looks somewhat like psoriasis (but isn't).

I share that not because it's so fascinating () but because you mentioned getting rashes on your arms. My rashes stumped my local drs., I suspect because they were ONLY looking for "butterfly" or "discoid" (meaning scarring), in order to consider LUPUS a possibility. What do your arm rashes look like? Do they itch, scar or depigment?

Looking forward to your update re: appt.! Meanwhile, best wishes, from Vee

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-06-2009, 01:21 AM   #3
(female)

Angel MJ HB User
Re: Doctor Appt. today!

guess i feel like you do ... how can i get excited about seeing a doctor that is going to give me medication (again) but it is true ... i too get 'excited' perhaps it is the hope of answers ... HOW DID IT GO? i figure you have to wait for the blood work up but it is a good feeling taking control & embarking on finding answers that fit ... A

Last edited by Angel MJ; 05-06-2009 at 01:25 AM.

Closed Thread