It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2003, 11:00 AM   #1

alextheangel HB User
Question does anyone have parotid gland swelling?

Hi,
I was wondering if anyone had parotid gland swelling? Also, I was wondering if anyone has developed low blood pressure since their illness began or maybe it develops around flares?
Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-02-2003, 04:25 AM   #2

*Pook* HB User
Re: does anyone have parotid gland swelling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by alextheangel
Hi,
I was wondering if anyone had parotid gland swelling? Also, I was wondering if anyone has developed low blood pressure since their illness began or maybe it develops around flares?
Thanks.
Hi Alex - I just did a search on glands as I'm having some major problems - and found your post which didn't have a reply yet.
Is the parotid the gland in the cheek, next to the ear sort of?
If that's the one then yes, I sure do - on both sides, also the glands in my neck all over are swollen. I also have a huge swelling not quite under my arm further around to my chest which has popped up since yesterday - feels a bit ordinary.
I have had low blood pressure since I first started getting sick - sometimes I think it's because I'm totally off food and 'eat to live' (not the other way around!!) and also the Plaquenil makes me a bit nauseas.

I hope you are well and not flaring at the moment,
it's hard being sick at any time but close to Christmas feels a bit cruel,

Best Wishes,
*Pook*

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-02-2003, 01:34 PM   #3

vrie HB User

Just a quick note here--- my mom was dxed because of parotid gland swelling-- eventually. That gland led to tests for sjogrens then lupus, so obvioulsy it is at least a sign of sjogrens. Also, low BP was a life long thing for her-- its finally normal after years of daily pred.

Old 09-22-2004, 09:17 PM   #4

HOney792321 HB User

Go to this web site
http://www.mayoclinic.com/invoke.cfm?objectid=0D18F215-0F70-4278-9876FADFC884372A

Old 09-25-2004, 05:30 PM   #5
(female)

geifer HB User

Hi,
I had my parotid gland swell everytime I ate, it was quite painful. This was back in the early 80's so I was sent to a ear nose and throat doctor and they said that the gland was totally fibrious and the removed it. It is a very tricking operation becasue you facial nerve run between the gland and if they bother them you can end up with facial distorsion. I hope you all have a good weekend Take care geifer

Closed Thread