It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-17-2003, 05:13 PM   #1

cwoody HB User
Angry Temper and Lupus

I was diagnosed in November 1998, 1 year after my son was born. I think I have been taking it well but I have noticed in the last few months that I am getting very tempermental and that is not like me. My doctor says its normal but I am wondering.

Old 02-19-2003, 04:21 PM   #2

tammy26t HB User
Unhappy

hi, i was dx 2 years ago. i have been very moody for the past year. i am really not sure if it has anything to do with lupus. but its not like me either,i am so mean to everybody. i used to get along with almost everyone. i think it has alot to do with the stress,just knowing you have lupus and then all the stress of living.. it gets really bad sometimes.good luck with it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-05-2003, 09:27 AM   #3

rayofsunshine HB User
Thumbs up

hi there, i was dx 3years ago, although i have known about my lupus since the age of 13.on your enquiry about temper. i also lose my temper a lot, although these days i leave the room if i feel iam going to explode as i dont want to say things that i dont mean. i have discussed this with my doc, and he says that there is a lot of evidence of mood swings with lupus, so please dont think that you are going mad, as i did for years, next time you are about to shout , leave the room, or go for a walk, just take a bit of time out. dont be too hard on yourself, the way we lupies get so tired, our moods do swing abot like mad, talk to your docter and see what he/she says

Old 04-05-2003, 09:27 PM   #4

johnnyx HB User
Also, if your dr. is prescribing steroids for inflamation, this can trigger "roid rage".

[This message has been edited by johnnyx (edited 04-06-2003).]

Old 04-05-2007, 11:19 PM   #5
(female)

byHizgrc HB User
Unhappy Re: Temper and Lupus

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwoody View Post
I was diagnosed in November 1998, 1 year after my son was born. I think I have been taking it well but I have noticed in the last few months that I am getting very tempermental and that is not like me. My doctor says its normal but I am wondering.
I've experienced this myself. I hate it b/c I even snap at my 7 y/o little girl, and I feel SO guilty!!

Old 04-08-2007, 05:50 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

goldenwings HB User
Smile Re: Temper and Lupus

Hello there,

Just my opinion here, but all of us with lupus of any type must look into other factors, rather than immediately put it down to our illness. Before you jump on my head, what I mean is when you consider we have such a chronic illness and in the main not many people even want to understand us, because we always "look so well", not that we want to look ill, but this causes so much frustration I feel.

I have had SLE for 30+ years and I still get annoyed at others for not even taking the time to ask how I am doing. I blame myself though for this because I have never ever said how unwell I feel at times. I always tell others I am doing fine, thank you. I have done this for so many years, that I think now people I come into contact with would find it strange if I even start to say "oh, I feel a bit off today". Folks don't seem to be able to cope if I am not being my usual strong self.

This is why I really appreciate this forum, because I, and all of you, can come here and offload. This will help with the fear, frustration and anger that comes with having a chronic illness. The thing is too that not all of us have others to talk to about our medical or emotional condition. I only have my darling husband and it is hard on him at times. A chronic illness is something that really takes it out of you emotionally too in a big, big way. We get so frightened about things that happen to us, and if we can't discuss it with our families or anyone close, then it builds up in our minds and we get more and more frustrated and scared and then the explosion of temper can come out big time.

I am always here if anyone wishes to let rip about anything or feel that they need to ask any questions. I can only talk of how having SLE has affected me personally, but I am willing to share my story.

Take care

goldenwings

Last edited by goldenwings; 04-08-2007 at 05:54 AM. Reason: misspelling - again

Closed Thread