It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-13-2003, 02:34 PM   #1

Shey125 HB User
Question Getting tested?

I have recently been told that I may have Lupus. I have been sick with different illnesses since I was 14 years old. I have seen many doctors and 9 times out of 10 they cant figure out what is wrong with me. I have had problems with my joints, my stomach, cysts on my ovaries, and gullbladder problems,when I was 21 I had my gulbladder removed. When they did the initial testing to find out that I had a bad galbladder they found I had fatty liver which I have in turn learned that it is a start of liver disease. That of which is running in my family on both sides, I have problems with ulsers and getting off the wall sicknesses that are contageouse that no on around me gets. I had strep throught for 3 months straight, no one in my house ever got sick from it. I was also told by my doctor that strep throught is a childs sickness and very uncommon in adults, he couldn't figure out why I was sick like that and why no one around me got sick. As well as all that I met a friend about a year ago who is my age (minus 3 months) she has encountered all the same illnesses I have and at the same age, she was recently diagnosed with Lupus. I have yet to see a doctor for this, I am kind of afraid to. If anyone could give me any advice or maybe point me in the right direction as to where to even begin getting tested it would be a great help. I am in desperate need of some guidance here if anyone could help. Thanks so much to anyone that can be of any help.

LeShey

[This message has been edited by Shey125 (edited 04-13-2003).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread