It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2003, 02:59 PM   #1
(female)

Lisa'65 HB User
Question Any natural remedies for joint swelling?

Hi, Ladies!
I'm new to the boards. I look forward to getting some grand info from you to help me w/ my Lupus symptoms.

I'm presently avoiding taking prescription drugs for my achy swollen joints & cautiously trying natural products isntead. Do you have any experience w/ a product that is good for reducing joint swelling? Has anyone tried the bovine colostrum or MSM/Glucosomine combo I've read that can help in this area? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/bang.gif

------------------
Lisa(38)w/ SLE

Old 04-27-2003, 08:20 PM   #2

Criktor HB User
Hi,
My father with old sports injuries, my sister with current ballet injuries, and myself with Lupus, have all had luck with Arnica Gel. A health food store will have it, and even a general store that has a health/ homeopathic section might have it. You can get it in pill form, which I haven't tried, but with the gel, you just rub it into the swollen and painful area. It is a little sticky at first, but that dries quickly, and a definate "healthy" smell, that also goes mostly away. To be honest, I've run out of my tube a while ago, and both my father and sister hide theirs. My sister says that there is an even stronger versian, made by the same company. Unfourtunatly, she doesn't remember the name.
Best of luck, also, have you tried asking at your local healthfood store?
-Cirktor

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-28-2003, 07:36 AM   #3
(female)

Lisa'65 HB User
Thanks, Criktor, for that info. I'm going out today to buy some. Praying it'll work as well for me as it has for your family! God bless!

Lisa

Closed Thread