It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-08-2003, 03:34 PM   #1

bgdmoore HB User
Post Lupus vs MS ?

About a year ago I started passing out at work. I was short of breath and had chest pain. They did a cardiac cath with negative results. Then they did pulmontary tests with some postive results but no big deals. A long the way they found out that I had sleep apnea so I use a machine at nignt now. I am obese but I have now gained 50 pounds this year since I haven't been able to excerice.My symptoms have gotten worst as time has gone on. My sed rate has gone from 40 to 102. No one knows why. The rummy said it is non-specfic and said I was just fat. My ANA was 160.This was last year. I have refuse to go back to him. I have a lack of ordination,weakness, fall alot, tingling of hands and feet fatique, heat sensitivity, back pain, MRI shows lesions,leg spasms. Spinial tap was negative for MS. My primary say that I could still have MS or Lupus or both and just not showing up full blown yet. He just retested me for the ANA and Sed rate. I don't know the results of those yet. What do you all think? Is this possible?

Old 05-09-2003, 12:29 PM   #2

UpACreek HB User
Wow, you've had a lot to deal with!! I have lupus and my best friend has MS. Our symptoms sometimes are VERY similar. I know another who has lupus but while they were trying to figure out what was wrong with her they thought it might be MS. I really thought lesions in your spine or brain meant it WAS MS? Hmm. I haven't heard that lupus can cause those lesions. Have you been to a neurologist? I don't blame you for not going back to that rheumy. I wouldn't have either. I had one tell me it was all in my head too. It took me over 2 years to go to another one! This time I did my homework and went to one that several people recommenede. I sometimes worry about MS too. They are both autoimmune diseases. I would say to keep trying to get to the bottom of things.. if it is MS there are wonderful drugs to help, if lupus, well, same thing. Good luck! I hope you find your answer soon!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-11-2003, 05:48 AM   #3

bgdmoore HB User
Thanks for your reply. I have been to a neuro.
I just got back my lab results. This time my sed rate was 97 and my ANA was neg. Can it go from postive to negative? I am going to an occupational md on Monday. My primary wants a fresh viewpoint.

Closed Thread