It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-10-2003, 10:51 PM   #1

lily33 HB User
Post prednisone and swelling

Hi everyone,
I was just diagnosed with lupus and i'm 21. I'm going to be on prednisone for about two and and half more weeks and have been exercising to help with the water retention. I was wondering if anyone knows when the swelling or "moon face" will start to go away after the prednisone is stopped?
Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-12-2003, 08:08 AM   #2

UpACreek HB User
Hi, it didn't take too long beffore I noticed a difference in mine once I got off. Maybe 2 weeks or so? Watch the salty foods, as they increase the swelling! Try to eat more potassium as it helps shed the water. Bananas, baked potatoes, asparagus. Increase your exercise while the steroids are helping you feel better! Don't worry, that round face will be gone in no time! Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-12-2003, 09:00 AM   #3

Megan31 HB User
Hi,
Once I [finally] got off the steroids, I immediately noticed a difference and so did everyone around me (weight-wise). I was diagnosed when I was 17 and now I will be 21 in July... I just got off the prednisone in March '02, and quickly lost all the awful swellage that it brought. Don't ya just hate how it does that to you? I was hating myself for a long time because of how chubby it made my face look, and now I look back at pictures and see myself... but then I realized that it didn't matter what I looked like at the time because I was feeling so much better! And as long as you keep working out and stay away from sodas and stuff, you will be beautiful--the most important thing is that you feel good!

Closed Thread