It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-15-2003, 12:41 PM   #1

Cadet Janice HB User
Post I am tired of throwing up

Sheesh is chonic barfing part of Lupus? this is ridicilous. I am so sick I cant keep a thing down. I stopped my methotrexate on Monday. It was making me sick and making me bruise really easily so good thing I am off it but sheesh I got the pukes. and I am sick of it. My body just can not handle anything anymore. I wish I could go in the hospital and stay a few days and come home well.

Janice

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-15-2003, 03:15 PM   #2
Inactive

Denise F HB User
I've never heard of Lupus having symptoms of throwing
up. Better call your Dr. and see if it could be caused by the medication. With some medications you are suppose
to taper off not stop cold turkey. Maybe, that could be
the problem. Only your Dr. can know for sure if
that is the problem.

------------------

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-15-2003, 06:52 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

BarbaraH HB UserBarbaraH HB UserBarbaraH HB UserBarbaraH HB User
Hi, Sorry you're so sick. My rheumatologist told me that when you have lupus you can become allergic to things you were never allergic to before. I had no known allergies, then suddenly was allergic to Celebrex (it caused my discoid rash to worsen dramatically and my joints to take turns swelling, but it did help the pain...). My doctor then told me to consider myself allergic to sulfa, too, because Celebrex has a sulfonamide in it's chemical makeup and he thought that's what I might really be allergic to. He took me off the Celebrex and put me on Naprosyn and my symptoms improved. You might suddenly be allergic to one of your meds. My husband is allergic to codeine and he reacts to it by throwing up for hours. Call you doctor - this needs to be checked out. I wish you well! Barbara

Closed Thread