It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-09-2003, 01:55 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

nightowl2 HB User
Post Going numb and being in PAIN!!!!

Hi!
I have mild lupus, and yesterday it was causing me a lot of pain!!! I hurt everywhere.My hands and fingers go numb as well as my legs and feet...what is the cause of this and why is it doing this to me!!! It really aches!!! Nightowl2 It gets worse if it is cold outside or I am under stress!!!

Old 05-10-2003, 07:06 AM   #2

UpACreek HB User
You need to talk to your doctor about this. If it is Raynaud's there are meds to help it. Numbness can be a sign or nerve damage or such and must also be dealt with. Call your doctor and let him know what's going on! I have a lot of pain with my lupus, unrelenting pain, thank God I have a doctor who helps. I would have cracked a long time ago with out his help! I feel the weather fronts cause a lot of discomfort for me, but sometimes it isn't that. Gets lots of rest and do whatever you can to get comfortable, like hot baths or heating pad. There are even those new stick on heat pads that I use a lot! Good luck and hang in there! Hugs!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-10-2003, 12:18 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

nightowl2 HB User
Cool

Thanks for the input! I appreciate that a lot!!! Nightowl2

Old 05-16-2003, 08:43 AM   #4

Judeefruity HB User
Question

Where do you buy the stick on heat pads?

Old 05-16-2003, 01:42 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

nightowl2 HB User
Question

another question... I am still having numbness in my left hand....it comes and goes...and, could it also be carpul tunnel syndrome too? what does that feel like?
Nightowl2

[This message has been edited by nightowl2 (edited 05-16-2003).]

Old 05-16-2003, 01:46 PM   #6

UpACreek HB User
Again, please talk to your doctor! Lots of things can cause numbness and it needs to be looked into!! One can buy the stick on heat pads at any store, they are near the Advil and Motrin. Bright red and orange box. Thermocare is what they are called, I call them Fantastic!! Now, go see your doctor!!

Closed Thread