It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-08-2009, 10:15 AM   #1
(female)

Bookkeeping73 HB User
Question Confused & Medicated

I went to the Dr. yesterday and she says I have Fybromialgia along with lupus.. I am so tired of this stuff.. I sometimes wonder if I really am as sick as I feel or if its all the meds I am on.. Even with the symptoms and the Dr telling me that I have these things I still wonder if I have Lupus or if the tests and Dr's are wrong.. Any advise?

Old 05-08-2009, 08:38 PM   #2
(female)

mindy1974 HB User
Re: Confused & Medicated

Hi dear,
I got to the point that I no longer knew what was the disease and what was a side effect. My pain meds need up making my pain worse. My mood stabilizer made me really low energy and that cause depression, and so many many more. I have to get myself off all the med for 6 months so I could really see what was the drugs and what was me. Come to find out almost all the stuff that was making me crazy was my meds. I still hurt today, but not as bad as I did you can write me if you need a private char,
Keep reading on meds!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-10-2009, 12:31 PM   #3
(female)

Angel MJ HB User
Re: Confused & Medicated

hi ... i got sick thanks lupus (pericarditis) & then got sick from the meds, having more & more dx's more & more meds ... then had a breakdown, opted for alternative theraphy ... went into remission and was okay for a while now IT'S BACK and i've not been on any meds for over a year ... symptoms are quite hectic at times (they might suck but i am learning to listen to my body) Rheumie says depression, going to a new guy going fwd ... get bloodwork thru my gp and see other spclsts. as i can afford them.

my advice ... if you think it is meds messing with you & you need them maybe discuss changing meds with your doc, especially if you have a good relationship ... look into known side-effects of drugs and start a meds journal, it may be a process but how fast doesn't time go anyway at least you are taking control!
even in the middle of a flare i wonder if they got it wrong, if it isn't all in my head ... i put my mind in it's place by doing research and reading, seeing for myself, checking the bloodwork etc keeping an eye on my patterns, researching, did i mention reading espcly message boards are exceptionally insightful!

Closed Thread