It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2003, 07:19 PM   #1

Wonderer HB User
Post Vulvar skin breakage

Hello All,

I am in the process of being diagnosed for Lupus. My doctors have not been able to decide whether or not I have lupus or MS. An MRI I did showed that I have one brain lesion. Most of my symptoms include skin irritation (i feel like bugs are biting me all over sometimes) and the skin feels inflamed alot.

Another symptom that I have discovered lately is irritation in the genital region. I dont know if this could be related to lupus or not. My gynecologist said that my skin is sensitive and breaks a little. She told me to use vaseline (which helps a little). But this symptom has been consistant for three months now.

I did a herpes culture that came back negative. None of the doctors I have seen think that this is an STD.

Does anyone experience extra sensitivity in the genital region? No bumps or anything, but just rawness and feeling of some tearing?

Thank you for reading my post, and for providing support to people on this board!

All the best to you.

Old 06-19-2003, 10:27 AM   #2

klayr HB User
Hi! I guess the question I would ask is how old are you? I had chemo therapy that kicked me into premature menopause. One of the symptoms that I had was the bleeding and thin skin of the genitalia. My doctor gave me a vaginal suppository called Vagifem that injects estrogen directly into the area, but doesn't enter the blood stream. It helps to strengthen the tissue there. You may want to speak with your gyn about the possibility of a lack of estrogen. Also, try posting on the Women's Health board for other possibilities. Good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread