Im a first time user here...i dont even know if i have the right spot. But I have two piercings..I have my eyebrow and nose pierced. My eyebrow is ok..but my nose is a different story. I was 14, when i got my eyebrow done, and now im 15 with my nose done. Well the problem is that i got it pierced and it was ok for maybe about 3 weeks. Then i started to get this little bump around it..Im not sure why it was there, so i went back to my piercer and he told me to do some things, so i did it. It really didnt work, but it did some. Well The ring in my nose had came out, and i went back to my piercer to get it put back in, so he did. Well it was ok, looked normal and everything for two weeks. The bump started to come back maybe two-three days ago. Im not sure why its here, and i seem to cant get rid of it. Tonight i was just watching t.v. and it started to bleed a littl! not a whole lot, but a little. If anyone can tell me what i can to keep the little bump from going away, and why its here! please please please please! help me!! Thank You!! -Kristy
I suggest you go see the piercer -actually you can just listen to me because I work at a tattoo shop - piercings are dangerous to take out when you have an infection because the skin can close over the piercing and then cause the infection to spread worse - another thing is what kind of jewelry you are using? did you get it done at a professional piercer or did you go to some piercing booth in the mall - is it a stud or is it a hoop - I suggest you go to a professional piercer and get a surgical stainless steel captive bead ring hoop -either 14 or 16 gauge (18 guage is thin - so it can rip out of the skin like piano wire) I also suggest you dont use any "piercing solutions" but that you wash it TWICE (AND TWICE ONLY) daily with dial anti-bacterial soap (the brown clear liquid) and then after you rinse it with water rinse it with a cheap saline solution (yes contact solution)
those are some tips from the pros
piercing no nos
1. dont play with it with dirty hands -always wash your hands
2. dont use peroxide or alcahol as it will dry the piercing out and cause it to become inflamed and irritated
3. do not remove the piercing if it is infected - possibly try to get an anti-biotic and if you can wait it out and still want it out - have a professional piercer remove the jewelry
4. never let a "nurse or doctor" pierce you - they arent trained for this type of thing. Never get pierced at some place that uses a piercing gun (such as mall stores like piercing pagoda)
5. Make sure that the piercing place you go to is reliable and that they have proper sterilization methods - and are generally clean... make sure they have an autoclave - and single use needles - see if you can spot a biohazard container for needles -if they give you a hard time when you ask them questions turn around and walk out. . . they probably arent going to be honest with you...
Hmm, sounds like scar tissue..
You should go back to see your piercer again and ask him questions about your nose piercing.
I had scar tissue on my nose piercing the first and second time i had it pierced. I did have them pierced with guns, but that has got nothing to do with it, as i got my two nostril piercings i have now done with a gun and they are fine.
Then again your body may have rejected your nose piercing, if that is the case you should remove the piercing and not get it done again.
But then again, everyones body has a different healing process. You should leave the piercing, not play with it,touch it with dirty hands etc. You should just leave it and let it heal up. Clean it using salt and lukewarm water twice a day, that should help.