It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-27-2003, 09:18 PM   #1
Inactive

renae HB User
Post Lupus and appetite suppressants

I'm just wondering if anyone who has lupus and is on meds; pred, plaquenil, etc. are using any type of appetite suppressant to assist in weight loss. My maintainence dose of pred is low enough that it's not the cause of my current weight or apppetite. But I'm just wondering if there's anything that anyone knows of that is safe to take when you have lupus?

I'd appreciate it if you would refrain from the "eat sensibly" reply and "execercise". I do excercise--and am not looking for a magic pill. I jus would like to get a head start on losing weight and feel I could do that if I could cut my appetite just a little!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-28-2003, 09:15 PM   #2

nidsmom24 HB User
Hi Renae . I take Plaq. and prendisone along with a drug for fatigue called provigil ( it's a stimulant, so of course it lowers my appetite ). I do not Know about otc diet pills, but my stimulant dosen't interact with the lupus drugs. If i need a narcodic for pain, I do have to wait at least 4 hours after taking the provigil. I'm sure that a pharmicist could fill you in on the safty of diet pills and the other meds you are on. Best wishes.
Julie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread