It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-26-2003, 12:37 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

sakara33 HB User
Smile Memory problems.........anyone else have this?

I don't know about you all, (can you tell I am an okie.....lol) but I am so feed up with not being able to remember little things, not being able to remember a phone number (that I call just about everyday), or what I did with my car keys that I had just 15 minutes ago.....I finally lost it the other day....I just went to my room and cried....I wanted to scream, but I couldn't my kids were in the house....didn't want them to think there mother was losing it....LOL
It is just so hard to deal with sometimes...and my hubby didn't know what to do for me, sometimes I don't know what to do with me, I feel helpless and hopeless.....but what I was wondering is, if anyone is taking anything for it, and have you talked to your DR. about it.....what has he said....if you don't mind me asking.....also is anyone taking Ginkgo Biloba or Black Currant Seed Oil......if so could you let me know if it has helped you or not....I just started taking it and I am praying it helps....but the lady at the Health Food Store told me it would probably take about 2 weeks before I would notice the difference....so any advise would be great....thanks so much for reading and letting me vent alittle....

Old 07-27-2003, 09:41 AM   #2

FlowerFairy HB User
Hi sakara,
I'm so sorry that your frustrated with your memory problems, as I have minor problems in that area as well. Although mine really aren't too bad so far,still it makes me crazy if I can't remember something! Mine seemed to start when I became perimenopausal...or now i'm wondering if it was the undiagnosed lupus. I did try Ginko once,but I really didn't give it time to see if it would help or not. I hope it works for you,it's worth trying anyway. I've noticed when I feel bad is when I have more of a problem. Maybe you should talk to your family physician or your Rheumy if you have one. Best wishes!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-29-2003, 08:56 PM   #3

LUPIEME HB User
*HUGS* I understand what your going thru.. I too have my moments, like when I call 411 to get a phone number and no sooner than I hang up, I have forgotten it.. LOL.. Or leaving one room to get something and forget what it was by the time I get to the other room....

Sometimes , in some people When lupus starts to affect the brain.. they develope what is known as CNS lupus.. I believe there are test for this you can check into with your doctor...

but sometimes its just a combination of stress or fatigue...

hang in there...

------------------
SLE,RENAL/MESENTERIC VASCULITUS SINCE 98

Old 04-05-2007, 11:50 PM   #4
(female)

byHizgrc HB User
Unhappy Re: Memory problems.........anyone else have this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakara33;36***4
I don't know about you all, (can you tell I am an okie.....lol) but I am so feed up with not being able to remember little things, not being able to remember a phone number (that I call just about everyday), or what I did with my car keys that I had just 15 minutes ago.....I finally lost it the other day....I just went to my room and cried....I wanted to scream, but I couldn't my kids were in the house....didn't want them to think there mother was losing it....LOL
It is just so hard to deal with sometimes...and my hubby didn't know what to do for me, sometimes I don't know what to do with me, I feel helpless and hopeless.....but what I was wondering is, if anyone is taking anything for it, and have you talked to your DR. about it.....what has he said....if you don't mind me asking.....also is anyone taking Ginkgo Biloba or Black Currant Seed Oil......if so could you let me know if it has helped you or not....I just started taking it and I am praying it helps....but the lady at the Health Food Store told me it would probably take about 2 weeks before I would notice the difference....so any advise would be great....thanks so much for reading and letting me vent alittle....
I wish I knew what to do myself. I'm 27 & feel like I'm 87! Some examples I can remember is forgetting a chair was called a chair, getting up & 2 steps later forgetting what I got up for, driving somewhere & forgetting where I was going... People don't understand b/c I'm so young they just can't comprehend that I could possibly be experiencing anything like this. It's hard enough to function w/o having to deal with all the skeptics! I too have family that does not no how to respond or how to help. What would really help is a little compassion, understanding, maybe some empathy (NOT sympathy), & a listening ear or shoulder to cry on. Too often, all I get is criticism or words that were meant to help but hurt more than anything!

Old 04-16-2007, 03:19 PM   #5
(female)

brushrider HB User
Re: Memory problems.........anyone else have this?

sakara, Hi! I'm an okie,too, about 100 mi from you ( Brushy Mt.-N of Sallisaw). And I'm also having memory loss. I was diagnosed in March w/lupus..but I think I've had it for years & nobody bothered to check for it. I'm 54 now, but I had sun-sensitive skin rashes of all kinds as early as 19. Been to dermatologists & spent $$$ & no answers till now. I've had various kinds of rashes, sores, chronic hives, & VITALIGO ( the pigmentation has almost completely left my entire body... all skin color is just about gone, leaving me vulnerable to skin cancer & very unsafe in the sun.) The skin is not the only problems I have.... I've had daily headaches for about 3 yrs.--Alot of them turn into full-blown migraines that put me in the bed...but every day there's SOME degree of headache. I also have exhausting fatigue, reflux troubles,nausea,hair loss at times, bouts of arthritis & muscle pain that lasts awhile then vanishes. (On top of that I have asthma & chronic bronchitis.) The memory lapses have gotten worse over the last 3 yrs. I can have a conversation with you..and in 5 min. I'm not sure exactly what was said. I might forget the details. I misplace things..and items that I saved for years out of sentiment, I find that I've forgotten where they came from! I asked the Dr. about it & he checked me for Vitamin deficiency & found that I need B12 & D. He prescribed it, but I've only been on it a couple of wks. I'm also taking Plaquenell. Mabe I can tell you more about whether it helps with the memory later when I've taken the vitamins & medicine for awhile. Good luck to you.

Closed Thread