It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2003, 03:50 PM   #1

ladytrunkx HB User
Unhappy Sister with lupus loosing hair

My youngest sister has just been diagnosed with lupus and is loosing her hair very badly. Her hair was always thin, but now its getting down to the site. When i speak to her sometimes she burst into tears and say that no one will like her and thats shes ugly. I will do anything to help my sister get her hair back. someone please help me find something that will actually work...

------------------
mch

Old 07-04-2003, 06:22 AM   #2

Noznick HB User
Unhappy

Funny, I was diagnosed yesterday and have also been losing my hair. I am attempting to find out some info. on what to do. My doctor, who has no bedside manner, did not provide me with many options. I am now on a mission to find out all that I can to find out what I can use other than the cortisone cream for the scalp. I will check back in. Tell your sister to stay positive because I too cried yesterday! Now knowing why my hair was falling out and that I can not do anything about it I am determined to become educated on what to do to keep what is so far still in tact. I am grateful that this is the only thing I have and realize that I must stay positive because stress will only contribute to the loss.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-04-2003, 08:10 AM   #3
Inactive

Denise F HB User
Losing your hair with Lupus is just one sign that the body is
in major stress. It is not at all unusual. There is no specific treatment that I know of and it usually starts coming back when the body starts to heal. The best thing she can do is to read
everything she can about Lupus. There are also natural treatments
that Regular Dr's usually don't talk about that can help. But,
they are for the whole body not just the scalp. These consist of
getting the proper nutrition and vit. suppliments. I like to read
Dr. Weil's suggestions on Vitamins and suppliments that will
help the body to heal. It also will help to learn to meditate and
do guided imagery. All this is to help asist the body in this time of stress. All this can be done in addition to your regular Dr.s instructions. This is a slow process but worth while . If she
needs a self esteem boost there are some amazing wigs or hair
pieces now adays.

------------------

Old 07-17-2003, 02:02 AM   #4

ClareTee HB User
Hair generally grows back once the disease is broguht under control.
You are taking very serious risks in not having proper treatment from a lupus expert doctor. Damage to organs can be irreversible.
Dr Weil is irresponsible in many of his statements. He makes wild claims for which there is no proof.

Please take great care - your future well being and lif iteself might depend on the quality of treatment you receive.
Clare

Old 08-04-2003, 11:34 AM   #5

efriend HB User
After many search and trial and error, I highly recommend "Freeman Conditioner called-IN THE THICK OF IT "

Old 08-29-2003, 08:43 PM   #6

LUPIEME HB User
I Too experience the hair loss when my lupus is flaring, the only thing that seems to help it grow back is , the steriod injections , I recieve in my scalp at the dermatologist..

I am also told that some people with lupus develop a 2nd autoimune desease, known as alopecia areota(sp), which also causes hair loss,

If your hair is coming out in circular patch's this could be the case...

------------------
SLE,RENAL/MESENTERIC VASCULITUS SINCE 98

Old 09-01-2003, 06:43 AM   #7

jossey HB User
hi all... i too have discoid lupus. i've had it for the past 22 years. 3 years ago, my hair came out in clumps. i have found a treatment that really worked for me. nixion. using that, and PATIENCE, works very well. it's a shampoo and conditioner, along with a scalp treatment and follicle booster...once i started using it, i noticed regrowth in about 3 weeks.. hope it works for you too..

Closed Thread