It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-22-2003, 03:04 PM   #1

tholavina HB User
Post Genital warts or Lupus manifestation??

I need to know if anybody else has ever heard of, or experienced this problem. 10 months ago I started having small lumps in my rectal area. They itch, burn, bleed and fall off or just disappear all together. I will have 6 or 10 of them one day, and three days later, none. I went to the dr. to be tested for genital warts. They looked at them and said they look like them, but they are puzzled at the activity that goes on with them. Genital warts aren't supposed to itch and burn and certainly they aren't supposed to disappear completely in a couple of days time. I also am concerned because I have them on my cervix, which is a major concern for cervical cancer. With getting older, having a child and 10 months ago going through the worst time of my life (kinda odd they coincide isn't it?) I am wondering if this is my lupus finding yet another way to manifest in a new and improved way, or if I really do have warts. Over the past few years, my symptoms have changed dramatically. If any of you know anything about this, let me know!

[This message has been edited by tholavina (edited 08-22-2003).]

Old 09-23-2003, 11:27 AM   #2

Azurite HB User
I have never saw or heard of anything like this from Lupus...if these are genital warts, they need to be burned off there or whatever they do because they do continue to spread and it is a virus that is transmitted sexually so you may want to talk to your partner. I'm not suggesting this is exactly what they are but if they are...please get to the gynecologist...they know how to get rid of them...as for Lupus and this, nope they don't go hand in hand unless the person comes in contact sexually with someone who has them....I hope this helps you out here.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread