It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-21-2003, 12:53 PM   #1

Sherry1970 HB User
Post Someone please help!!!

Could someone please help me here...For quite a while now I have been feeling really terrible. I have been to the dr's b/c of feeling really dizzy all the time, can't focus on anything I am doing. The Dr said it was extremly low blood pressure. Well I went to a dr last week and told him what I have been going through for quite a while now things like joints aching everyday never ending,temperatures all the time and especially high temperatues at nite, pains in my fingers and feet very severe, extreme fatigue, my hair is thinning out alot,headaches everyday, my mouth as we speak is so sore feels like blisters in my mouth, diareaheh all the time and I just just don't want to eat b/c I am so nausated and pains in my stomach all the time. As everyday goes by I feel I am getting worse. The dr tells me that it all sounds like lupus but had not done one bit of testing on me. If someone out there can help me to tell me what Lupus is and what it is all about I would appreciate it b/c I am getting tired and very frustrated with this I just want some help for someone to tell me what is wrong with me. Does this sound like Lupus to anyone. Please help and give me some suggestions on what to do..
Thanks so much
Sherry

------------------
Sherry

[This message has been edited by Sherry1970 (edited 09-21-2003).]

Old 09-21-2003, 07:09 PM   #2

Boundi HB User
I would insist on an ANA blood test. If it is positive it will be a good start. I had to ask my doctor for it. He was all like " Oh I really doubt that is the problem, but if it makes you feel better we will run it" Guess what came back positive. Some times you have to be a little pushy with your doc. What do they care, they don't live in your body every day like you do.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-22-2003, 04:10 AM   #3

Sherry1970 HB User
Hi there, Thank you so much fror the info..but can you tell me what a ANA test is? This is all so new to me and I guess you can say that I am scared to death I have a loving husband and two kids. So the faster I find out what is going on with me the better it will be so I can finally explain to my family why I have been so miserable with myself and to everyone else around me. I will be making a appointment today with a new Doctor to see what he can do for me and request this test you have told me about Hope I can get somewhere this time. Once again thank you.

Old 09-22-2003, 09:36 AM   #4

angela12ca HB User
Hi,

Im also from ontario canada.. and have had similar experiences ..
Look foward to helping you

Angela12ca

Last edited by Administrator; 02-23-2004 at 11:57 AM. Reason: uSE THIS SITE FOR ONBOARD SHARING ONLY, SO OTHERS MAY BENEFIT.

Old 09-22-2003, 03:15 PM   #5

Sherry1970 HB User
Hi Angela12ca, Thank you so muchOnce Again thank you..

Last edited by Administrator; 02-23-2004 at 11:55 AM. Reason: THIS SITE MAY NOT BE USED FOR OFF-BOARD CONTACTS

Old 09-23-2003, 06:15 PM   #6

Renee016 HB User
Hi, Sherry. The ANA test is a blood test that checks for certain nucleotides. (I just had one today, matter of fact.) Also, have you had your thyroid checked?

Hang in there. Often it takes a long time to get a diagnosis. Don't get too stressed out over it or it will make your symptoms worse.

Feel better,
Renee
2002 Diagnosed with Epstein-Barr (level was 7+) and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
2003 3 Herniated Cervical Discs - C4 thru C7. One disc (C5-6) pressing on the spinal cord (no nerve root compression) causing leg weakness, tingling, burning and numbness - diagnosed with myelopathy and ACDF recommended.
2/24/03 One-Level Anterior Cervical Discectomy with donor bone and titanium plate (C5-6)
Post 2/03 - Symptoms returned and worsening. Weakness in my legs is like walking against a 50 mph wind - pain in lower back and all the way down my right leg to the ankle - vertigo, muscle spasms in trunk and legs
7/03 EEG, BAERS and MRI of brain all normal
7/03 MRI of lumbar spine showed mild herniated disc (L4/5) with moderate to severe DDD and edema in the endplates. HOLDING OUT FOR ARTIFICIAL DISC REPLACEMENT!

Old 09-24-2003, 12:43 AM   #7

thegoodcatjupie HB User
Smile

Hi,

I've had lupus for almost 15 years. It can mask itself and look like a lot of other diseases. On the same note, a lot of diseases look like lupus!

Where I live in NY (about 45 mins from NYC) when someone has similar symptoms to yours, people get tested for lupus, lyme, MS, AIDS, etc. All auto-immune diseases. I would *insist* on full blood workups from your doctors.

Lupus is a chronic inflammatory disease that can affect various parts of the body, especially the skin, joints, blood, and kidneys. The body's immune system normally makes proteins called antibodies to protect the body against viruses, bacteria, and other foreign materials. These foreign materials are called antigens. In an autoimmune disorder such as lupus, the immune system loses its ability to tell the difference between foreign substances (antigens) and its own cells and tissues. The immune system then makes antibodies directed against "self." These antibodies, called "auto-antibodies," react with the "self" antigens to form immune complexes. The immune complexes build up in the tissues and can cause inflammation, injury to tissues, and pain.

Good luck and good health to you.

------------------
Revolution is the opium of the intellectuals....

[This message has been edited by thegoodcatjupie (edited 09-24-2003).]

Last edited by Administrator; 02-23-2004 at 11:54 AM. Reason: Do not post websites with online support groups!

Old 09-24-2003, 12:45 AM   #8

thegoodcatjupie HB User
P.S.--I realize you're in Canada and I'm in the US, but I think the information I shared should help anyway. :-)

Closed Thread