It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-26-2003, 09:09 AM   #1

KYbeagle HB User
Unhappy losing hope

Hi! I am a 26 year old female and was hoping some of you could have some helpful information for me. It began last December when I started having tingling in my left leg on and off a couple of days a week and my migranes were back at least 6 days out of the week. I was lucky if I went one day out of the week w/o a headache. By the end of Jan. my left arm began to tingle on and off and my left leg was tingling now 24/7. All of my "normal" bloodwork cbc, thyroid, etc. came back normal. I stay dizzy, nauseated, stomach pains (cant explain the pains in my stomach, but they hurt), low blood pressure is normal for me, mitral valve prolapse, weak, very, very tired (I could sleep 24/7 and still feel like I have only slept for 20 minutes), muscles and bones aches, clean the house and I can't walk the next day, get a rash if I get extremly cold or been out in the sun, have had tremors or shakes a few time, just dont feel good, my memory is getting really bad, many more symptoms but dont want to take up too much of your time. Anyway, I had an mri done and nothing showed up so I was sent to a nerologist where he wanted to do extra blood work that a family doctor never orders. He said I had signs of ms but I also didn't have signs of ms and he didn't feel I had it because my mri was normal and he didn't mention anything about lupus. He called me a couple of nights ago. Three of the blood tests came back abnormal and he wants me to go get them re-tested just to make sure they are abnormal a second time. He said sometimes with these tests they will be abnormal one time and 6 weeks later they will be normal, so just double checking he sent me a prescription through the mail to go and get these 3 blood tests re-tested again in one week. Well being the person I am I looked these tests up on the internet to see what they are used or tested for. One of them that came back abnormal was the anti-ds dna which checks for lupus, I think. I am sure I am leaving something out but maybe this is enough to go by. Can anyone help me out right now? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-26-2003, 10:33 AM   #2

sleepy v HB User
hello, i HAVE SJOGRENS AND ALOT OF THE SYMPTOMS MIMICS MS AND LUPUS. SJOGRENS IS OFTEN MISDIGNOSED BECOUSE OF LACK OF KNOWLEDGE ON THE DOCS. PART. LOOK IT UP AND THERE ARE REALLY GOOD PAGES ON THIS. SJOGRENS FOUNDATION. good luck

Old 09-26-2003, 10:48 AM   #3

KYbeagle HB User
how was you finally diagnosed with this? Just curious and thanks for the advice!

Old 09-28-2003, 04:33 PM   #4
Inactive

Sampy123 HB User
Anti DNA is a positive sign for lupus. The tingling does sound like MS, I have the same thing and just finished testing for MS. Awaiting results this week. Unlike you, my MRI had active white lesions on the brain. Dr. says it's highly unlikely to have both lupus and MS, but I surely have the symptoms of both.

Closed Thread