It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-23-2003, 11:52 AM   #1

Azurite HB User
Post Nutrition and Chemical Free living

To understand Lupus is to also understand that the body is always on hyper attack so to speak so when it comes in contact with many of the things in our world today that are in processed foods, personal care products, the air etc. the lupus body is not equipped to deal with it because it is already hyper sensitive, let alone a healthy body trying to get away from harmful things. Anyhow a lot of the various symptoms that many describe on this board are fairly common when your getting more toxins in your body than the body can deal with, it's on overload and it triggers various things like migraines, blurred vision, dizziness, fever, earaches, mouth sores, rashes, inflammation all over....etc..anything that goes with "toxicity" is going to cause these things to happen....the fortunate thing is you do have a certain amount of control over some of this....I don't want to sound like a broken record but I cannot stress enough the importance of purifying your diet to at least 60% and removing all chemicals from your home and personal care products....it doesn't happen overnight but eventually you see a huge difference....I have had bouts where I felt so good that I went all out on eating anything for a few weeks and just ended up getting really sick and having to de-tox all over again...lol...but once the main de-tox is done and you adhere to these things you can rest assured that even if you have a slice of pizza and some cake at a birthday party you are not going to suffer so long as this is only on occassion...but if you do that for a few weeks well then you have to de-tox all over again but it won't be as bad as the first huge detox that you should stick to for at least 3 months if not longer....I know how difficult it is to do this....we are human and we love to have pizza and cake! LOL!! So long as it is the exception and not the rule, you will see some of those horrible symptoms under control....it's definitely a sacrifice but necessary.
It's a lot of work, I wont' say it's not, but once you acclimate to it it's like anything else, very easy....plus it can be an adventure to seek out things that are chem free!! lol....kind of like "The Good News is ......the bad news can be turned into good news...when you change your attitude" or "Never look at what you have lost. Look at what you have left"....
Lupus is a challenge but we can rise to it and help our bodies help iself through diligent awareness and care....and I don't want to sound like it clears or cures it, that has not been my experience (have had this for 20 years), however, it has drastically improved the quality of my life.
Hope this helps somebody!! ;-)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-29-2003, 02:48 PM   #2

Teresa HB User
Talking

Hi! I love your positive attitude! I agree with your thoughts too. You mentioned "the first huge detox that you should stick to for at least 3 months if not longer..." What detox recipe did you use? Thanks!

TK

------------------
Smiles for miles,
T

Closed Thread