It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-27-2003, 03:32 PM   #1
(female)

amyleigh28 HB User
Question Positive ANA with nucleolar pattern anyone???

anyone out there with a positive ANA with a nucleolar pattern?? I would really like to hear what your sypmtoms are and what if any diagnoses you have with this type pattern. I have read on the net that nucleolar patterns are indicative of scleroderma but I don't feel that I have any of the symptoms of this. Any replies will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Amy

Old 09-28-2003, 03:27 PM   #2
Inactive

Sampy123 HB User
Question

Hi Amy,
I have a positive ANA wih the nucleolar pattern. I'm not sure what that means though. I have SLE (systemic lupus)and have been going through tons of testing the last two weeks. Symptoms for me include painful joints and muscles. I ALWAYS hurt, but refusing all meds at this point. Not sure I can hold out any longer. I also have the antiphospolipid antibody syndrome. Recuperating from open heart surgery due to blood clots in heart. I'm only 43 but feel like 73. What are your symptoms?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-28-2003, 03:34 PM   #3
Inactive

Sampy123 HB User
Amy,
Forgot to add that my MRI is showing active white matter lesions in my brain. Just finished testing for MS, awaiting results this week.

Old 09-29-2003, 12:55 PM   #4

Jessica618 HB User
I am going through the same thing. I have no syptoms of schleroderma, but I have the nucleolar pattern. My main symptoms are fatigue, muscle/joint pain and memory loss.

Old 09-29-2003, 03:23 PM   #5
(female)

amyleigh28 HB User
Jessica: have you been diagnosed with anything? I have extreme fatigue, joint and muscle pain and memory problems also.

Sampy: Have you had that diagnoses long? What was you ANA titer?

I am just trying to find out all I can before I go to the rheumatologist so I will know better what to ask about. I'm getting very nervous about the whole thing. I bet I woke up 50 times last night. Boy, do I need some sleep!!

Old 09-29-2003, 04:00 PM   #6
Inactive

Sampy123 HB User
Amyleigh,
I was diagnosed with systemic lupus in January of this year. However, because I needed emergency open-heart surgery, any treatment for lupus was put on the back burner. I am now forced to deal with it. As for the nucleolar pattern, if I'm not mistaken, (and don't quote me), I think it may be part of the antiphosholipid antibody syndrome. This means that the platelets stick together. IF that's the case, all that would be needed for treatment would be a baby aspirin once a day. Don't lose sleep over it. Write down all your questions so you can ask the doctor. Hope this helps.

Old 09-30-2003, 06:41 AM   #7

Jessica618 HB User
Amy, I haven't been officially diagnosed yet. I've been told about 4 diff. things by 4 diff. Dr's. It's been fibromyalgia, lupus, MCTD, and just plain arthritis. It's very frustrating, but it can take a while to get a definate diagnosis unfortunately. I just wish I had a definate answer -I hate the uncertainty. I am waiting for the results of my most recent tests to see how things are going. The memory loss has been more of a problem in the last week or so and I've also been having a flare for the same amount of time. I'm more confused and having a hard time concentrating on anything (which makes it hard to do my job). I feel like I have ADHD! =) Have you even been to a Dr. yet? or is this your first visit? I know how nerve-racking it can be when there is so much uncertainty, so hang in there. I will let you know what the Dr. says about the memory loss, please keep me informed if you learn anything new as well. Keep Smiling! =)

Old 10-01-2003, 05:27 PM   #8
Inactive

Sampy123 HB User
Amyleigh, Please see my post about the antiphospholipid sydrome. If your platelets ARE sticking together, I posted information that might be of interest to you.

Closed Thread