It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2003, 06:22 AM   #1

jetfenn HB User
Post do these symptoms sound familiar??

Hi I am 45 and female, i just had my testing done yesterday now i wait for results, I went to see my doctor after having trouble with bad swelling and joint pain in my back, wrists, and knees , ankles and shoulders. It has become a strain to open doors ,work and sometimes walk, also swollen glands really bad in my neck. My doctor was very nice and sugested i be tested for lupus,lymes and RA. he has me on vioxx now as he said i was very inflammed. Just thought i;d see if anyone had these same symptoms. I'm scared to death to have live the other half of my life with any of these diseases. thanks for listening jetfenn

Old 09-04-2003, 08:05 AM   #2

mobes_jk HB User
While I have no information for you, I think I may know how you feel. I'm going through the same thing. I just had my labs done 2 days ago and we're checking for the same things. I am really nervous, as well. I've had joint pain for about 3 months now that just hasn't stopped. None of the medication I've tried makes the pain go away, besides that, I don't think anyone really believes that anything is wrong with me! I can hardly walk sometimes and I'm only 24! I've just been going to all these websites trying to prove to myself that I don't have lupus or anything. But then I see all these other things that I've had, like rashes, mouth sores, headaches, etc. on the symptom lists. I guess we just have to pray that it's something else. It could be a long 2 weeks for these results.

Hang in there

Jamie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-10-2003, 07:51 PM   #3

Boundi HB User
I hear ya. I am having pain in fingers and knees. Also, I cannont close my jaw all the way. I got my test result Mon 9/8 and ANA was positve. I don't know the titre. Also positive for APA. Anyone know anything about anti-phospholipid antibodies??? Hope all goes well for you guys. Take care.

Old 10-06-2003, 11:41 PM   #4

squirrel7 HB User
Smile

Hi guys, just a word of encouragement. I was diagnosed with sle lupus at age 18, I'm 24 now. Lupus is a strange disease and it can affect different people in different ways ranging from moderate to severe. A good rheumatoligist (spelling?) makes all the difference in the world and with proper care of yourself you can usualy lead a fairly normal life. My biggest advice is to read all the information you can get your hands on but don't let it scare you. Lupus foundation of America is a really good source for information. Good Luck

Closed Thread