It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-09-2003, 03:25 PM   #1
(female)

healthy4life HB User
Post ANA levels

Hi! This is my first time posting on these boards. I just discovered this site only 2 days ago.

Here's my story. I'm interested in any input, especially if you've had any experience in this situation. I will try not to be too wordy.

About 4 years ago I passed out due to the flu. Had to go to the hospital to get stitches in my head that I cut when I fell. I decided to go to my regular Dr. to have the stitches taken out and to try and figure out why I passed out in the first place. He did a full blood work-up, my Dr. is very thorough, he checked every thing possible and since it had been a long time since I had a physical - I got the works. Anyway, my ANA level came back 1:640. I was also anemic but that's nothing new. He told me that it could indicate lupus, rheumatoid arthritis, etc. But since I was 38 at the time he said usually people get lupus at a younger age. He told me to be aware of any joint pain and to watch for other symptoms and if I had any he would get me in to a very good rheumatologist. Well, of course I obsessed over every ache and pain so I did go to the RD. He did a very thorough exam took blood and my ANA was still 1:640. He didn't think I had lupus and I did not have RA, just the regular wear-and-tear arthritis. He had me come back 6 months later to check again. I don't remember exactly but my ratio was either 1:640 or 1:1280. Long story short was told I did not have lupus other disease. He seemed to think that my high ANA were just normal for me. I get a physical each year and my Dr. keeps and eye on my ANA - however, it has never been below 640. I feel fine, can't really complain about anything chronic other than allergies which I have had all my life.

My question is, has anyone else heard of this? It really concerns me but I try not to worry too much about it because I really can't do anything about it. Any opinions are appreciated. Sorry to go on so long. Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread