It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-13-2003, 04:02 PM   #1

rayofsunshine HB User
Question rashes on the palms of the hands.

hi there i was wondering if anyone had any ideas? i have discoid lupus, also sticky blood. i have a rash on the palms of my hands. i have been having a flare for the past few weeks, but i dont know what the hand thing is. i have had this before, after the birth of my daughter, although it was much worse and painful. the rash is red, with pinpoint spots, they are not raised or sore, it is sometimes itchy. the last time i got this, i put it down to an allergic reaction from the soap i was using in the special baby unit, but it obviosly wasnt. i m waiting for an apointment with anew rheumy{could take a while, knowing the NHS} so i would apreciate any ideas in the meantime. thanks, sarah

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-15-2003, 12:23 PM   #2

jkg75 HB User
Exclamation

I too have the same problem and cant figure it out. I I get these very painful slightly red "dots" on my hands... It started there first and has now gone to my feet. It almost feels like I have little stones under my skin and that is the only way I can describe it. This has been going on now for about two months. Let me know what else you find out as I will be anxious to hear!

Jackie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-14-2003, 01:35 PM   #3

ra29 HB User
I have those dots on my hands as well. It started with just one and now I have five. They started last year approximately. They do feel like little stones (kind of). Don't really know how to describe them. I have an appt. with the dermatologist in a week, so we'll see what she says? Any updates on your condition?

Old 10-14-2003, 03:02 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

AngelicBrat HB UserAngelicBrat HB UserAngelicBrat HB UserAngelicBrat HB UserAngelicBrat HB UserAngelicBrat HB User
Hey everyone,

I get these spots too. I was told they were from Raynauds Phenomenon, a circulatory problem in lots of people with Lupus. Like you Sarah I have sticky blood (also known as Antiphospholipid Syndrome or Hughes Syndrome). My hands get itchy and sore when I bump them and turn white (or blue!) in the cold and hurt like crazy. They feel like they are going to snap off in the cold.

If you don't know if you have this problem with the cold, get a cup of ice water and hold it in your hand for a minute or so. Then, take the glass away and look at your hand. If it has gone from red and dotty to white or blue then chances are you have Raynauds! You can also put your hand in ice cold water in the sink, or grab a handful of snow! It is not fun, but can confirm if you have Raynauds. Take care you guys!

~Angelic

Old 10-17-2003, 09:03 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

PINKYPRISCILLA HB User
My mom gets this hot feeling and then the palms of her
hands turn beat red.

Old 10-19-2003, 09:09 AM   #6

rayofsunshine HB User
Thumbs up

thanks for the replies. due to see a new rheumy in two weeks. i do suffer from cold hands and feet. when i was younger my toes used to go blueish/purplish colour. i shall try the icy water trick and see what happens. still have the rash on my hands although it not as bad as it was. thanks again, regards rayofsunshine

Closed Thread