It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2003, 08:20 AM   #1

football_mom HB User
Question anti DNA ds

Does anyone know what the normal range for the anti DNAds test is? I got a response with my last email on what she thought the range was and she thought the cut-off on the normal range was 15. Does anyone else think that this is what it is? Mine is 34 and I was just wondering if that was high or normal? If it is high does that mean it is affecting my kidneys more or does it just mean it was positive? Thanks so much for all of your information.

Old 10-22-2003, 01:02 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

AngelicBrat HB UserAngelicBrat HB UserAngelicBrat HB UserAngelicBrat HB UserAngelicBrat HB UserAngelicBrat HB User
Hello football mom!

I am sorry for the confusion. On your lab report, beside the result there should be a range listed for that particular test and a "H" or an "N" saying its either high or normal. Every lab is different, so it depends on the range. Up here in Canada our range is 0-15 so that it why I thought it could be increased. I responded to your other post in the origninal one Take care okay!

~Angelic

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-22-2003, 03:58 PM   #3

lally HB User
Hello
Anti-dsDNA titres are thought to reflect disease activity.Having above normal levels will clinch a diagnosis of lupus, assuming there are other criteria- symptoms and lab results to confirm it.

High levels are associated with lupus that can affect kidneys and central nervous system but it doesn't mean you have these involvements and they can occur when there are no anti -dsDNA antibodies.
Kidney involvement needs testing for - urine and blood tests to start with.
By the way, differents types of test methods have results expressed differently.

I hope this is some help
Lally

[This message has been edited by lally (edited 10-23-2003).]

Old 10-23-2003, 05:17 AM   #4

football_mom HB User
Hey again! All my anti-ds test says is 34 U/mL it doesn't say anything about being high or normal. My other tests did (anticardiolipin) that is how I knew it was high but this one did not. Thanks for your help.

Old 10-23-2003, 05:55 AM   #5

football_mom HB User
I just now found a website in which the cut-off was 20. So I believe mine is a little high with a result of 34. Thank you for all the advice you have given me.

Old 10-23-2003, 10:17 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

AngelicBrat HB UserAngelicBrat HB UserAngelicBrat HB UserAngelicBrat HB UserAngelicBrat HB UserAngelicBrat HB User
Hello footballmom!

I am glad that you found a "range" for the anti-DNA. I think it varies somewhat in different places. The important thing is that your Neurologist recognizes BOTH of these tests. You will feel better once you are treated for the Lupus and the Antiphospholipid Syndrome if that is what you have. I am no doctor, but it does sound like that is what is going on

~Angelic

Closed Thread