It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-24-2003, 05:31 PM   #1

football_mom HB User
Post OHH! A itchy rash

Hey! It is me again! Last night spots on my face and my upper right leg broke out into a very itchy rash. The one on my face was just a small rash on each check and the one on my legs was a big rash. It finally quit itching though. But again today, the same thing. So I went and bought some benedryl, hoping it will work. Is that what most of you take if you get a rash or is there something better I can take. I figured since I couldn't get into my gp today I better try that because I don't want to scatch it or it gets worse. If there is something out there that is better please let me know. Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-24-2003, 08:05 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

AngelicBrat HB UserAngelicBrat HB UserAngelicBrat HB UserAngelicBrat HB UserAngelicBrat HB UserAngelicBrat HB User
Hey football_mom,

Rashes can be from lots of things. Have you been in the sun lots in the last couple of days? Have you used a new soap or laundry detergent? Have you had this sort of rash before? Benadryl will work on your rash if it is from an allergy. If it is a rash related to an underlying autoimmune disease then Benadryl will not help (except if its from an allergy to the sun). Your doctor will be able to help you more with this. What I would do is photograph your rash so that you can show it to your doctor. Do you have a digital camera? If not a normal camera will do. I imagine it will still be visible for Monday's appt, but still it will be a good thing to have pictures for the future. Hope this helps!

~Angelic

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-25-2003, 02:08 PM   #3

football_mom HB User
No I haven't used anything different as far as soap or food or anything. I've tried to think and the only thing that I know was that it was about 75 degrees here the other day.(which it has been getting cooler and that was the first day it had been warmer) I was at work most of the day except when I left for lunch, post office, etc. Then when I got home I may have been out for a total of 15 minutes but that is it. Can that short of time caused me to break out? Thanks for your advice, I will take pictures just in case.

Closed Thread