It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-26-2003, 06:46 AM   #1

sarahbean HB User
Post need some diag. help

i am new at this. i have left arm tenderness, a bit of a rash on my nose, two cold sores in the last month, extreme hand tenderness (left side), lumps in my arm, joint pain and muscle aches. are these signs of lupus? having a biopsy tom. will this show anything? please help me!!!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-26-2003, 11:20 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

AngelicBrat HB UserAngelicBrat HB UserAngelicBrat HB UserAngelicBrat HB UserAngelicBrat HB UserAngelicBrat HB User
Hi sarahbean,

The symptoms that you describe could be Lupus related. Is your blood work positive? If not- that would be why they are doing a biopsy. What are they biopsy'ing? The biopsy can show if it is Lupus that is responsible for your symptoms. It can show organ damage/inflammation that are consistant with Lupus. It will honestly tell them straight out if it is Lupus!

Blood work can be negative for Lupus lots of times. I put a post in here about Lupus symptoms and criteria for diagnosis. If you scroll down on this board- you will see the diagnosis criteria. Take care and good luck tomorrow. Let us know how it goes okay??

~Angelic

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-27-2003, 06:51 AM   #3

football_mom HB User
Hey! I'm pretty new at this too, but I also feel like your symptoms could be related. I am not saying that is what it is because Lupus relates to so many different diseases. Try not to worry, as much anyway, until you get your results back. If that is what you have or something else you can always come to this board and ask as many questions as you need and you'll get plenty of support to help you through it. Good Luck! Let us know.

[This message has been edited by football_mom (edited 10-27-2003).]

Old 10-27-2003, 06:11 PM   #4

sarahbean HB User
thank you to both of you. i had the biopsy done today, he said i will know something on thursday. he took the entire node and some surronding tissue. hopefully it will be something they can treat. i am so very tierd of all of this wondering, and scared to. thanks again

Old 10-28-2003, 01:32 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

AngelicBrat HB UserAngelicBrat HB UserAngelicBrat HB UserAngelicBrat HB UserAngelicBrat HB UserAngelicBrat HB User
Hello again!

I am glad to hear that your biopsy went well. Please make sure to let us know what it showed Talk to you soon!

~Angelic

Closed Thread