It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-22-2003, 10:11 AM   #1
Mara

Post What do you use on your face?

What have you used on your face to reduce the rash? Did it help? Make it worse? Thank you in advance.

Old 09-23-2003, 09:01 PM   #2

Azurite HB User
Hi Gemi,
For moisturizing use a chem free lotion and for washing use same, chem free mild cleanser. I don't know what products to recommend to you but off the top of my head Dermalogica has a great line that doesn't have any chems in and it is so soothing to the skin. It's rather spendy but it lasts for quite a while. I have tried several lines of products that are chem free and Dermalogica was impressive as well as FreeLife's Linda Shea's line of products. You can run a search for both products. Natural Progersterone creams are a really good choice, or a cream with DHEA in it or combo of both which is what I use when I am flaring whether I have the rash present or not because DHEA is recommended for Lupus and it's a good way to get it into the body without having to go through the liver and the progesterone is good for the bones and hormonal imbalances. Be careful if you buy the natural progesterone cream because too many companies charge an arm and leg for it and so it's good to shop around. I am not sure about inserting a retail website here so if you want a site that sells it at the most reasonable price you can email me at whisperthewind0@yahoo.com
Hope this helps!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-26-2003, 09:56 AM   #3
Mara

Thanks for taking the time and for the information Azurite.

Old 10-30-2003, 09:15 AM   #4

rayofsunshine HB User
Wink

hi there, i suffered from chronic rashes on the face for years, i tried many different creams with limited sucess. i went to see a dermotologist who prescribed nerisone oily cream{diflucortolone valerate} which worked a treat. I now have control of my rashes, thank god. anyway you should see a dermotologist who will sort out the problem. good luck, kind regards rayofsunshinexx

Closed Thread