It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-19-2009, 09:09 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

claflamme HB User
Question Test results

I went to my doctor because Mainly for my hands getting very cold then turning blue and very achy like and some joints. Also for the past few years I have had extreme tiredness. But I noticed my hands still have a blue tint to them even when I am not cold. He suggested probably Raynauds. He also ordered some tests and I will see him again in 3 weeks. Any help figuring these:

ANA Titer 1:40 (slightly positive)
ANA Pattern Speckled
Homogenous pattern also detected

Neg Lyme

Sed rate 7 normal 0-20
RA factor Negative
CRP 0.04

Thanks for any info.

Old 05-20-2009, 06:21 AM   #2
(female)

Angel MJ HB User
Re: Test results

hi claflamme ... have you googled 'raynaud's phenomena'

i think a ANA titer >80 is a positive ... i think other levels look 'normal'.
altho blood work can vary ... so it is never exclusively definitive.
sed rate, crp etc changes with 'disease activity' ... i think crp is kidney function.

Last edited by Angel MJ; 05-20-2009 at 06:25 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-23-2009, 08:19 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

claflamme HB User

The dr did mention raynauds, But wanted to do blood work because alot of my joints are achy and soar, for no apparent reason. And because for about 4-5 years now I have been excessivly tired and not feeling very well. I am on an ADD med now which is a huge improvement with the tiredness and my add.
I have my follow up with him On june 5th.

Old 05-24-2009, 03:20 AM   #4
(female)

Angel MJ HB User

in my research i see it is not uncommon to have both rauynauds & lupus, i suspect i have a long history of undx raynauds ... seems to get worse with my lupus flares ... even tho my ex-rheumy would swear by physical exam that my lupus is not 'acting up'
your doc sounds like a good one ... good luck!

Old 05-26-2009, 05:44 AM   #5
(female)

drewsmom HB User

Hi claflamme!

I'm not sure if this helps, but I have Raynaud's Syndrome, and my doctor told me that having Raynaud's can effect your results (maybe because Raynaud's and Lupus are so closely related...I don't know). My DS DNA results were 6.4 which are slightly elevated. She thought that they might be elevated due to the Raynaud's but we had to check it out just to be sure.

Best Wishes!

Old 05-26-2009, 12:07 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

claflamme HB User

Thank You. I have my follow up with him (PCP) on June 5th.

Old 06-12-2009, 06:25 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

claflamme HB User

I followed up with my PCP and I gave him my list of symptoms some recent and some in the past. He asked if I would consider meds for anxiety, I said give it a try. But I know I am not just being anxious, But he is reffering me to a rheumatologist, I go on July 7th. Within the last week my ankle started getting a littlew sore, Now it is soo sore but not really when I walk just when I move it side to side. My wrist is achy when I use it briefly. Hopefully someone will figure me out.

Old 06-15-2009, 01:05 AM   #8
(female)

Angel MJ HB User

hi claflamme ... sounds like you are on the right road - the waiting can drive us nuts but just know that we WILL get there! you keep posting and we will do our best to support you through this ... it is already half way thru june so july is getting here quickly!
i keep a health journal and jot my symptoms down daily which helps with the dx ... medical history in also important in the dx ... even if it sounds unrelated to you bring it ALL up with the doctor and he will get the important bits from that but if you leave it out then the doctor has got less to go on.

Ang

Closed Thread