It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-28-2009, 10:36 AM   #1
(female)

nt001 HB User
is it safe to use palqunil during pregnancy

Hello,

I am 36 years old and was diagnosed with Lupus 3 years back. I am pregnant now and my rhematologist and ob/gyn is asking me to continue on plaquenil. I take 200mg , 1 tab daily.

I am concerned about taking plaquenil during pregnancy. Can somone reply back if they used plaquenil during their pregnancy or if they were taking earlier and stopped when they got pregnanat. thank you so much.

Old 05-28-2009, 11:15 AM   #2
(female)

mygrils HB User
Re: is it safe to use palqunil during pregnancy

I have a 9 month old and was taking Plaquenil when I found out I was pregnant. My rheumatologist and I decided that the risks outweighed the benefits and I stopped the medication. I think that every situation is different and should be looked at individually. I was able to control flares with doses of prednisone and ended up delivering a healthy baby boy.

Do you have organ involvement? My lupus is pretty mild (joint pain and fatigue) and that is why we decided to stop the medication.

Hope this helps!
Carrie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-28-2009, 01:32 PM   #3
(female)

4boystolove HB User
Re: is it safe to use palqunil during pregnancy

Before I got Pregnant with my 2nd child I was supposed to take plaquenil. The day I received it in the mail (mail order meds)........I found out I was pregnant. Docs told me NO.....cannot take during pregnancy. Went off if it with my 3rd and 4th....
Check with your doctor.
Good luck!

Closed Thread