It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-30-2009, 11:17 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

goldyfm HB Usergoldyfm HB Usergoldyfm HB User
Night sweats anyone?

If I had not gone through a hysterectomy and what my OB referred to as menopause some years back, I would swear I was having hot flashes! But every night I wake up soaking wet especially on my neck and face and upper back. It is so annoying. I do take a hormone and have been on it for 12 years or more. It seems that the night sweats are just getting more bothersome as it wakes me up and I know you all can appreciate the interruption of our much needed rest. I have FMS also and sleep disturbances so it makes it almost impossible lately to really rest. I already sleep with a fan on the head of my bed and use all cotton sheets and pjs. I don't know what else to do. Maybe someone will share their remedy. This is from a person who normally freezes to death. I don't know what to make of this additional symptom.

Old 06-01-2009, 05:17 AM   #2
(female)

Angel MJ HB User
Re: Night sweats anyone?

if i wear anything other than a vest (and pants) to bed i wake up drenched!
i ususally get cold easily but i no longer use an electric blanket and strip down to sleep ... dunno what it's from?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-01-2009, 05:44 AM   #3
(female)

robochick HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldyfm View Post
If I had not gone through a hysterectomy and what my OB referred to as menopause some years back, I would swear I was having hot flashes! But every night I wake up soaking wet especially on my neck and face and upper back. It is so annoying. I do take a hormone and have been on it for 12 years or more. It seems that the night sweats are just getting more bothersome as it wakes me up and I know you all can appreciate the interruption of our much needed rest. I have FMS also and sleep disturbances so it makes it almost impossible lately to really rest. I already sleep with a fan on the head of my bed and use all cotton sheets and pjs. I don't know what else to do. Maybe someone will share their remedy. This is from a person who normally freezes to death. I don't know what to make of this additional symptom.

Hello,

I know exactly what your feeling with the night sweats. I'm 29 & wake up anywhere between 1 to 3 times per night drenced in sweat, I have to change my bed sheets & the night cloths that I'm wearing, once the sweating has subsided I shiver for about another half an hour then I can go back to bed, untill the next one arrives. Its very rare these days that I can get a full nights sleep without at least 1 night sweat.
I went to see my doctor last wednesday about these because they've been happening for years & are so annoying & I beged her to help me to get a full nights sleep, she confirmed that it couldn't be a side effect of any of my anti-depressants or numerous pain killers that I take for chronic back pain, so shes put me on some tablets that I take at bedtime which have various uses, its a sleeping tablets & anti-depressant. My doctor said my sweats where a symptom of post traumatic stress disorder from a car accident that I had nearly 11 years ago where I broke my back, resulting in chronic back pain & depression, she thinks because I have daily reminders of the car crash because I'm in pain every day as a result of this, that my brain hasn't got over the crash properly & I'm thinking about the crash in my sub-consious while sleeping!!

Has there been any tramatic things that have happened to you that could be triggering these sweats?

I also have these sweats during the day, if I have to leave the house to go somewhere, because I'm constantly worried about my pain, the sweats during the days are horrific & embarrassing when theres sweat dripping off your nose & chin. Do you only have your sweats during the night or in the day time as well?

I hope you can soon find something to help you with the sweats, as I know how distressing these can be.

Keep in touch, robochick xx

Old 06-01-2009, 11:52 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

goldyfm HB Usergoldyfm HB Usergoldyfm HB User

Thanks for the replies folks! I don't know what to think of this either. I have not changed meds or done anything out of the ordinary lately to bring them on. I did have neck surgery some 8 years ago, but I do not think it is trauma related. I just wish they made a "cool" pill we could take at night. I rarely use covers (summer here) so I don't know what else I can do other than try to endure it. Thanks again for your contributions.

Old 06-07-2009, 11:44 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

caroleye HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldyfm View Post
Thanks for the replies folks! I don't know what to think of this either. I have not changed meds or done anything out of the ordinary lately to bring them on. I did have neck surgery some 8 years ago, but I do not think it is trauma related. I just wish they made a "cool" pill we could take at night. I rarely use covers (summer here) so I don't know what else I can do other than try to endure it. Thanks again for your contributions.
Unless you're in peri-or menopause (night sweats), I'd be looking at anything you're putting in your body that "stimulates" you. I've had Lupus, CFS & Fibro for many years, and this week's night time sweats have been the worse ever. They go along with severe body achies that I can't get rid of. Then with the lack of sleep, the next day I'm wiped out.

So I just wrote down everything that could be considered a stimulant until these episodes cease. Not only are they painful, but also scary, as sometimes I'm too weak to get up and ice myself. Fortunately there's usually someone here who helps with the cooling process.

Good luck!!

Closed Thread