It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2009, 09:21 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

caroleye HB User
kidney symptoms

Ten years ago I was tested for Lupus; one came up +; the next neg, but based on the criteria, I was dx w/systemic Lupus. I could not tolerate Plaquenil, so Dr. said there was nothing else he could offer, so that was my last rheumy visit.

Since I also have CFS & Fibro, many symptoms overlap, so I just treat them as naturally as possible except my sleeping RX's. But I'm practically housebound, as this has been going on for 30+ years; one auto-immune issue after another. And i've seen the best Dr.'s around in the past.

Question is that I avoid Dr.'s at all cost, as I cannot barely tolerate lots of foods; much less drugs. So now since so many of you talk about your kidneys, wondering what your symptoms are to alert you there's a problem.

Thanks................carole

Old 06-08-2009, 09:51 AM   #2
(female)

Angel MJ HB User
Re: kidney symptoms

hi carole ... one sign for sure is swelling of feet/ankles ... urination problems, there is a 'simple' urine analysis 'dip stick' ask your GP he can also order bloodwork to check.
PLEASE don't mess with your organs - damage can't be undone but kept to a minimum! there are other brands of antimalarials that your doc could have tried you on ... often if cannot tolerate the generic then try the brand name or vice versa! i also reacted to at least 2 of them but found my one that worked! doc now says lupus at bay and i am not on anything ... i am getting a new doctor as my flare is now ongoing for over 8 months!
I am queen of avoidance so i know where you are coming from!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-08-2009, 10:45 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

caroleye HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel MJ View Post
hi carole ... one sign for sure is swelling of feet/ankles ... urination problems, there is a 'simple' urine analysis 'dip stick' ask your GP he can also order bloodwork to check.
PLEASE don't mess with your organs - damage can't be undone but kept to a minimum! there are other brands of antimalarials that your doc could have tried you on ... often if cannot tolerate the generic then try the brand name or vice versa! i also reacted to at least 2 of them but found my one that worked! doc now says lupus at bay and i am not on anything ... i am getting a new doctor as my flare is now ongoing for over 8 months!
I am queen of avoidance so i know where you are coming from!
Thanks Angel. I did try other meds, but I cannot even tolerate vitamins, so I'm way down the road deep into all of these other issues. Just coming out of a 4 day major flare because I got brave & took some natural things to "help" certain symptoms.

But just looked at my 2007 test records, and nothing showed up around my kidneys.

That put my mind at ease for now, so thanks for that input.

Old 06-08-2009, 11:50 AM   #4
(female)

Angel MJ HB User

hi again ... seeing as tho you are into 'natural' remedies etc have you tried accupuncture? help with pain, circulation etc ... also i am currently looking into 'eating for lupus'
like you i react to a lot of meds, vitamins are like little devils that make me SICK. but the meds have 'saved my life' on a few occasions (pericarditis etc)

you mentioned you are in a flare - what symptoms are you having?
A

Old 06-08-2009, 12:12 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

caroleye HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel MJ View Post
hi again ... seeing as tho you are into 'natural' remedies etc have you tried accupuncture? help with pain, circulation etc ... also i am currently looking into 'eating for lupus'
like you i react to a lot of meds, vitamins are like little devils that make me SICK. but the meds have 'saved my life' on a few occasions (pericarditis etc)

you mentioned you are in a flare - what symptoms are you having?
A
Angel, reference food, I'm gluterin intolerant, so I'm down to a few dozen foods; basically organic veggies (bok choy, spinach, leeks, pearl onions, romaine lettuce, rice, tapioca bread, occasional potatoes; rice fruit (apples/grapefruit/peach) pancakes; millet, seeds, pinenuts, and a few more, but sooooooooo sick of veggies. I occasionally have shrimp/seabass.

My flare was caused by eating, drinking things outside of my box. Ended up "Overstimulated" to the point of being majorily "on fire"; sweating; unbearable body achies; too weak to walk; sick to stomach (I have gastritis, leaky gut, etc.). Finally surrendered to taking some Protonix to get on top of my stomach problem & will take that until I can eat normally again, and have stopped everything else I was taking, which were mostly natural symptom relievers.........homeopathics.

Under a great deal of personal stress, so that has worsened everything.
Don't have these unless I "cheat". No "fun" in this program.

Old 06-08-2009, 12:28 PM   #6
(female)

Angel MJ HB User

carole ... i am coming to terms with allergies ... so far dairy & soya ... but need to do the tests ... GP suggested 'if it makes you feel bad than don't eat it ... that leaves me with fruit & veg! but with no energy to cook or peel ???
NO CHOCOLATE! sob sob anyway ... having major GI stuff at the moment and find myself rather avoiding eating than going thru the turmoil of digestion!

i keep asking myself 'is cheating worth it?' its not like i go into anaphalactic shock but the reactions are still pretty yuck! so mostly my response is no! must say it is hard - tonight supper was pizza - i didn't eat and will have water for supper! YUM!
ALSO stress is a big factor! can make the healthiest person sick!
make sure you stay away from alfalfa as they are v.bad! and strangely enough found in loads of natural products. just putting it out there. also Grapefruit reacts with a lot of meds - i wonder of it is the same with homeopathic?
A

Old 06-09-2009, 09:51 AM   #7
Veteran
(female)

caroleye HB User

Bad news is that "anything" we put in our body could be one of our "allergens"; yes even a homeopathic or an herb, or a vitamin. Stress of any kind is a HUGE trigger for everything. Just "talking" for too long can put me into a crash, so I try to live the life of a hermit as much as possible.

Hubby has too many rules to count to keep his energy from affecting me. I can "feel" when he opens the door. Now I understand the "bubble people" who live out in the wilds in tents!!

Old 06-10-2009, 08:22 AM   #8
(female)

Angel MJ HB User

but carole cant hubbys energy help you?
i too know too well about ppls energy affecting you ... i sometime wonder if i am an empath or a psychic vampire (LOL) either way i no longer enjoy going out as the world has become dark and twisted - i am healing now and need good clean energy (we currently have a 'nasty depressed' person living in the house and i cannot shake my flare - keep going from one viral infection into another)
me in the wild i am not so sure about ... but it is soooo tempting. i would prefer my own self sustaining island!
Ang

Old 06-10-2009, 10:21 AM   #9
Veteran
(female)

caroleye HB User

Being an empath has worsened my illness over my long life. Unfortunately hubby's energy still carries alot of baggage not cleared, so he passes it on to me. Don't know if he'll evolve enough for us to live together after 30 years.

But he's a great errand runner!! (lol)

Old 06-10-2009, 10:59 AM   #10
(female)

Angel MJ HB User

you made me smile! thanks!

Closed Thread