It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-13-2009, 04:56 AM   #1
(female)

Minky22 HB User
Scared, stressed & need anwsers.

Scared, stressed & need anwsers.
Hi all,

I'm 22 female & in the uk, I'm currently waiting on test results for Lupus and i'm so stressed i cant think straight, here's my story.....

It all started back in Oct-08 i was at work and started with awful pain in my kneee, couldn't put weight on it and it started to swell, i went to a&e and they told me i must have hurt it somehow, but i knew i hadn't. They took x-rays and all seamed fine so they sent me home on crutches.

Since then this has happened a few times, only lasts a day or two and happens to both knees ( not at same time).

cut to a month or two later and i wake up with excruciating pain in my wrist, had limited motion and it was a constant deep ache, this lasted for about a week, by the time a'd got to see the doc, it as pretty mutch better.

as with the knee, the wrist pain aslo happened in my other wrist, not quite as bad however. both wrists & knees have 'never been quite right since'

had another bad episode with my shoulder too, with same pain as above.

i also get pains & aches all over everyday, some very mld that just last a second, others' sharp painful and prolonged.

also recently i've noticed chest pain
, headaches, blurred vision which promted an eye test, my eyes are uber sensetive to sun light & i have sore/tender spots on my body. also running fever but dont feel like i'm coming down with anything

I'm always in pain, stiff, achey, moody. I feel like an old woman and i'm only 22

i thought this was many things, mostly osteoarthritus but i've recently been reffered to a rheumatologist, who mentioned Lupus, i'd never even thought of Lupus, and had zero knowlege on the subject. he took blood in order to run some tests, this was 28th may. and i've still not heard anything. I'm going out of my mind with worry!

i've also been diagnosed with anxiety disorder
recently, have minor seiures, where i shake uncontrollably. dont know if its related.

Oh i dont have the butterfly rash or any other rashes.

sorry for the long post guys, but i really need some support! the more i read upon lupus the more i convince myself i have it, i just want answers!

x

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-14-2009, 05:45 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

VeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB User
Re: Scared, stressed & need anwsers.

Minky, hello, with a big WELCOME. Yes, it is stressful waiting for results. My last round of tests took nearly a month to come back. So while a few weeks feels like an eternity, better the labs & doctors get it right (or at least closer)as opposed to quickly... so hang in there!

FYI, not to alarm you, but for many people answers don't come from the first round of testing, because blood results & telling symptoms can rise & fall with flares. Plus, there are "close cousins" to lupus than can present many of the same symptoms... These are very complex conditions with complex diagnoses. Getting established with a knowledgeable dr. is your first goal.

Have you seen the "sticky posts" ( = permanent info) at the top of the thread list? They cover lupus & also antiphospholipid syndrome, a clotting disorder possible in lupus & also possible "standalone".

One of the stickies is a list of "alternative criteria" developed by Dr. Graham Hughes, a British rheumie with a big worldwide reputation. He's written books for patients (in readable language), which you may want to scout out.

But the most important thing to know right now is, if you ARE diagnosed with lupus (which I hope you're not), that many people can live pretty stable lives, with proper treatment and follow-up. Hang onto that thought, OK? Post anytime the mood strikes; you'll always find someone here to keep you company. Meanwhile, warm wishes to you, from Vee

Old 06-15-2009, 12:46 AM   #3
(female)

Angel MJ HB User

hi minky! welcome to the board! ***big hug*** you will find support & strength here that can help you thru this trying time ... maybe even with a smile! you are already on the right road ... hold tight while things get done (tests, results etc)
i keep a health journal - i jot down symptoms daily. you already know by the time you get to the doctor invariable the symptoms are easing up and can then be over looked/forgotten (i do this often) so my journal helps me speak up about issues the doctor may find pertinent!

the sticky posts vee mentioned will also give you an idea what the doctor (rheumatologist) is looking at ...

i was once dx with gout : one foot swelled up so badly i could hardly walk ... not common in a 20 something female! i've had umpteen cases of tendinitis but often it presents itself for a few days and then moves on or just dissapears (my hubby is amazed at how these pains travel, elbow in the morning and wrist in the afternoon or elbow for 3 days etc) ... when this happens i ease up on the painful joint/s and keeping warm helps a bit, i have a 'bean bag / happy hugger' that releives some pain.

i really do hope that you get some answers soon! but as vee already said rather they take 'a little longer' and get it right than rush it and mush it.

don't worry about 'feeling like an old woman' isn't it better than actually feeling an old woman (LOL)
Keep posting!
A

Old 11-21-2009, 08:25 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

k2626 HB User

Your story sounds similiar to mine except my labs came back okay. I get those sharp quick pains too, they come in waves and jump aroundmy body.

Keep us posted

Closed Thread