It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-16-2009, 06:26 AM   #1
(female)

Willow Star HB User
Cellcept

Hi,

I'm not sure if I should post here or on the Kidney board so I thought I would start here. I have recently been diagnosed with kidney disease (membranous glomerulonephritis most likely due to lupus) and my nephrologist is starting me on Cellcept.....I know Cellcept is used a lot for lupus nephritis and I was wondering if anyone out there has lupus nephritis and could please give me some insight into this treatment. I'm nervous to start it. Has it worked well for you? Any really bad side effects? If anyone could please share their experience / information I would be very grateful.

Thank you
Willow

Old 06-29-2009, 06:49 PM   #2
(female)

heidiclouser HB User
Re: Cellcept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willow Star View Post
Hi,

I'm not sure if I should post here or on the Kidney board so I thought I would start here. I have recently been diagnosed with kidney disease (membranous glomerulonephritis most likely due to lupus) and my nephrologist is starting me on Cellcept.....I know Cellcept is used a lot for lupus nephritis and I was wondering if anyone out there has lupus nephritis and could please give me some insight into this treatment. I'm nervous to start it. Has it worked well for you? Any really bad side effects? If anyone could please share their experience / information I would be very grateful.

Thank you
Willow
I don't have lupus nephritis but did take cellcept for many years. I tried many immunosuppresants before trying cellcept. Before I stopped I was taking 2000 mg a day. I felt wonderful on cellcept....lots of energy, little pain, etc. (I take lots of other meds but credit cc for feeling so good). Initially I had no adverse reactions. After about 5 years I was dxed with a non-aggresive form of lymphoma. Both my rheumy and my oncologist attribute it to the cellcept so I stopped it. Now I take methotrexate. Hope this helps. Any other questions just ask.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread