It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-27-2009, 11:15 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

caroleye HB User
anti-malarial "natural" remedy

I just recalled that when I was dx w/Lupus, & very sick, I had a trip to Africa planned. They made you take an anti-malarial drug, which took all my symptoms away for a few weeks. But unfortunately it started affecting my liver, so I had to stop it.

So now I'm thinking.............I wonder if there's a "natural" anti-malarial out there e.g. chinese herbs, homeopath, etc.

Has anyone ever checked into that? Plaquenil way upsets my stomach.

Thanks for any suggestions......................caroley e

Old 06-27-2009, 01:14 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

caroleye HB User
Re: anti-malarial "natural" remedy

Well after 4 hours of researching, I came across a homeopathic remedy that is an anti-malerial one. I had heard about it years ago, and apparently was used prior to the drug company making plaquenil, etc. (which is also an anti-malerial drug).

I'm going to try it, since I use homeopathics alot, and rarely have side effects. For anyone interested in googling this remedy, it's called "Cinchona officinalis 6x". It comes from a tree bark.

I'm trying to find the Standard Homeopathic brand which has a really good reputation and carries the "one" remedy vs other ingredients.

Wish me luck................researcher caroleye

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-06-2009, 08:00 AM   #3
(female)

teeha HB Userteeha HB User
Re: anti-malarial "natural" remedy

I Had a friend in Pennsylvania who is Native American and had Lupus many years ago. The elders of his tribe who are in Canada treated him herbally and afterwards was retested for several years. What ever they gave him cured him of the lupus. I did contact him about which herbs and he could not tell me but did say they are highly toxic and should not be used with constant supervision form a proper herbalist, so Iknow there are thigs out there to work but knowing what they are is beyond my knowledge. Good Luck.
Teeha

Closed Thread