It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2009, 07:47 AM   #1
(female)

teeha HB Userteeha HB User
Update on the "Itchy Lupus Rash"

Hey VeeJ,

Want to make a correction on the post I made about Itchy Lupus Rash. I finally seen the Malar Rash or Butteryfly Rash that is associated with the Lupus on myslef. Cheeks nose turn really red and when I looked closely I could see it was small dots like a rsah typically is. I also have it on my forehead at the hairline and my chin like agoatee lol. I look funny. It does not itch at all but the Rash that did itch is the Tumid Lups Rash which also comes out on my cheeks but it seriously raised up similar to how hives welt up. I have noticed also at this time I am running low grade fevers am sick to my stomach and am so tired, so I know I am right now at the begining of a flare up again. I had like 4-5 nice days last week. I also noticed that this started after I had a very hetic day and stressful night with little sleep. So this may all have triggered the new flare up. Something I will talk to my Doctor about. I go again on the 20th. So far being on the plaquenil is ok the only real change I have noticed is my skin is not as dry as it used to be. Which is a small blessing. Almost no back acke for 2 days but my knees are killing me. Which is another thing I want to talk to the Doc about. My Back I remembered finding medical papers in my file showing when they found I have a genetic deformation in my tail bone that I was born with. My personal Injury Lawyer actually found it and pointed it out to me. I am wondering if this could be connected to the Lupus. I am hooked on finding the answer to the mystery since no one in my whole family has even been diagnoised with any form of lupus before, and this is not caused from drugs. Good thing is for this I live right down the road like 5 mins away from one the of University Hospitals where I believe alot of Lupus Research gets done.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-06-2009, 05:47 PM   #2
(female)

heidiclouser HB User
Re: Update on the "Itchy Lupus Rash"

Veel....any diabetes or MS in your family? They seem to be genetically linked to lupus.

Plaquwnil has helped my skin rash on my body. One can still tell when I'm not feeling well by the redness on my cheeks.

Old 07-06-2009, 06:11 PM   #3
(female)

teeha HB Userteeha HB User

NO no MS or Diabeties in my family at all. not even RA, this is what floors me and why I was so shocked at first to be diagnoised with tumid lupus and Systemic Lupus. But I do have a question about the Malar rash associated wiht the SLE... does it typically go all over the body or just stay to the face.... this is the first time I have really seen it on me and it started yesterday and now tonight it is on all my face, neck, both arms and chest and moving downwards. is this the Norm?

Last edited by teeha; 07-06-2009 at 06:12 PM.

Old 07-15-2009, 04:21 PM   #4
(female)

LorraineMarcell HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by teeha View Post
Hey VeeJ,

Want to make a correction on the post I made about Itchy Lupus Rash. I finally seen the Malar Rash or Butteryfly Rash that is associated with the Lupus on myslef. Cheeks nose turn really red and when I looked closely I could see it was small dots like a rsah typically is. I also have it on my forehead at the hairline and my chin like agoatee lol. I look funny. It does not itch at all but the Rash that did itch is the Tumid Lups Rash which also comes out on my cheeks but it seriously raised up similar to how hives welt up. I have noticed also at this time I am running low grade fevers am sick to my stomach and am so tired, so I know I am right now at the begining of a flare up again. I had like 4-5 nice days last week. I also noticed that this started after I had a very hetic day and stressful night with little sleep. So this may all have triggered the new flare up. Something I will talk to my Doctor about. I go again on the 20th. So far being on the plaquenil is ok the only real change I have noticed is my skin is not as dry as it used to be. Which is a small blessing. Almost no back acke for 2 days but my knees are killing me. Which is another thing I want to talk to the Doc about. My Back I remembered finding medical papers in my file showing when they found I have a genetic deformation in my tail bone that I was born with. My personal Injury Lawyer actually found it and pointed it out to me. I am wondering if this could be connected to the Lupus. I am hooked on finding the answer to the mystery since no one in my whole family has even been diagnoised with any form of lupus before, and this is not caused from drugs. Good thing is for this I live right down the road like 5 mins away from one the of University Hospitals where I believe alot of Lupus Research gets done.
I just started getting the rash you described as Tumid Lups Rash even though I've had lupus for over a decade. I thought it was the Cymbalta I just started over a month ago. I don't see the dermatologist until the 23 of this month so I'll stay on the RX til then because ina day and a half all the fibromylgia pain associated with my lupus totally disappeared. I was on Plaqunial for a couple of years and then suddenly began to loose my central vision. I quit immediately, leaving my perphial vision in tact but only a pinpoint in the center of my central vision is left. Like a donut shaped blind spot in both eyes. This past month my I couldn't get my pulse under 100 and the cardiologist found low thyroid function in the blood work. Tomorrow I go first thing to an endrocrenologist to find out more...wish me luck!

Old 07-15-2009, 04:24 PM   #5
(female)

LorraineMarcell HB User

I just started getting the rash you described as Tumid Lups Rash even though I've had lupus for over a decade. I thought it was the Cymbalta I just started over a month ago. I don't see the dermatologist until the 23 of this month so I'll stay on the RX til then because ina day and a half all the fibromylgia pain associated with my lupus totally disappeared. I was on Plaqunial for a couple of years (it takes a month or so to feel the benefits) and then suddenly began to loose my central vision. I quit immediately, leaving my perphial vision in tact but only a pinpoint in the center of my central vision is left. Like a donut shaped blind spot in both eyes. This past month my I couldn't get my pulse under 100 and the cardiologist found low thyroid function in the blood work. Tomorrow I go first thing to an endrocrenologist to find out more...wish me luck!

Old 07-15-2009, 04:26 PM   #6
(female)

LorraineMarcell HB User

I just started getting the rash you described as Tumid Lups Rash even though I've had lupus for over a decade. I thought it was the Cymbalta I just started over a month ago. I don't see the dermatologist until the 23 of this month so I'll stay on the RX til then because ina day and a half all the fibromylgia pain associated with my lupus totally disappeared. I was on Plaqunial for a couple of years and then suddenly began to loose my central vision. I quit immediately, leaving my perphial vision in tact but only a pinpoint in the center of my central vision is left. Like a donut shaped blind spot in both eyes. This past month my I couldn't get my pulse under 100 and the cardiologist found low thyroid function in the blood work. Tomorrow I go first thing to an endrocrenologist to find out more...wish me luck!

Old 07-15-2009, 05:32 PM   #7
(female)

heidiclouser HB User

My rash started on my arms. Everytime it flared it moved downward and to skin not previously effected (I called it virgin skin). Notice the past tense in my post. Recent outbreaks have been less severe and are confined to my upper arms and chest.

Closed Thread