It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2009, 01:00 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

2cutekids HB User
Burning feeling???

Does any of you get a burning muscle feeling... almost like you'd find in your stomach if it hurts. I did some housework yesterday and this am I woke up so stiff and sore and the entire right side of my body, from shoulder to hip, is 'burning'. It's a low and deep and in the muscle but also right under my ribs, my shoulder and now my left shoulder is starting to burn. My right hip hurts more than the left, they are usually even lol..

It's not the soreness you get from overworked muscles and for years I've had burning in my joints from time to time, mostly wrists, shoulder or ankle. It will bother me for a day or so and then go away but it's annoying as hell. I just feel like total **** today and I didn't do THAT much that I should feel this bad

I go to the Lupus Clinic next Wednesday and I hope to get some answers or even a dx, if this is what I really have. I took my temp, it came back slightly higher than normal for me but now that I'm cooling off, that is almost back to normal.

I'm just sick of hurting

Thanks for letting me vent and hopefully you can answer my question too.

Old 08-18-2009, 06:03 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

VeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB User
Re: Burning feeling???

2cutekids, I hear you! I've had more shoulder/arm pain this month than in 9+ years. And like you described yours, it's not the kind of muscle pain you get from overwork. Once during a checkup, when I described ongoing deep shoulder/elbow pain, my rheumie responded, rather cheerily, I thought, "Well, lupus IS a connective tissue disease." (BAH, I thought to myself.)

I've taken more Advil daily this summer than in last 9+ years, in addition to Plaquenil. Is it the humidity? Allergens in air? I truly have no clue. All I can suggest is that you report what you posted here, and I hope you get good input during your checkup next week that helps you to improve. I also go for checkup next week & will post whatever I learn.

I'm sorry you're feeling punk. Warm wishes, Vee

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-19-2009, 06:23 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

2cutekids HB User
Re: Burning feeling???

yeah, it sucks. Feeling it again this morning. When I woke up, I was so stiff and sore I could hardly move now I'm turning to the deep, dull nagging burn inside.... yeah, right... there's nothing wrong w/ me. I hate dr's. Years I've been dealing w/ this and they all think it's in the head, you know?

Do you have any idea how long it took my mom to get dx w/ MS... they told her over and over it was in her head.

Sorry, I'm just down in the dumps today. My oldest son had a crying jag this morning, he's got Asperger's and he's having a hard time dealing w/ it now that he's getting older and has more expected of him. It's heartbreaking. There are lots of other reasons too, but I'm down in the dumps today... but I digress....

Closed Thread