It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-28-2009, 08:18 PM   #1
(female)

humarock HB User
Exclamation lupus, fibro and kidney stones

hi i am new here. i was diagnosed with fibromyalgia and lupus in july. i also have kidney pain due to sponge kidneys. i am on flexeril for fibro and plaquenil for lupus and also tramadol for kidney pain. i have been on plaquenil for over a month and noticed that my scalp hurts. feels like when u have a ponytail to tight or when you wear your hair differently and then u try to comb it back the other way and the roots hurt. does this feeling mean my hair is going to fall out??

Old 08-28-2009, 09:36 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

goldyfm HB Usergoldyfm HB Usergoldyfm HB User
Re: lupus, fibro and kidney stones

I also have both Lupus and Fibro and am on Plaquenil and Tramadol and been on Flexaril in the past. I have exactly what you describe on the scalp area and have had long before I started the Plaquenil. It may be the Fibro or Lupus causing it, but I had this long before I began the Plaquenil. I also have Trigeminal Neuralgia, so it is hard to discern exactly what ailment is causing this scalp pain. I know that I can not even comb my hair at all when the Tri Neuralgia kicks up. Just too painful. I quit styling my hair for this and other reasons, a while back. I wear hairpieces, mostly clip on or a wig if I need to look nice. I have not associated the painful scalp with any hair loss, but everyone reacts differently to meds.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-03-2009, 03:49 PM   #3
(female)

humarock HB User
Re: lupus, fibro and kidney stones

so does everyone here with lupus have hair loss? my doc asks me every time i go if i have noticed any and its making me crazy. how much do people loose. not like a chemp patient right???

Closed Thread