It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-02-2009, 05:23 AM   #1
(female)

Peaches32 HB User
Anyon else have foot trouble like this?

i havent been on this board in 3 years i just noticed, my other computer died and i couldnt find the board for a while then forgot about it, anyway....

anyone else have really tender painfull feet? if i walk very far my feet just hurt so bad, dr sent me to the foot dr but my dr didnt like what he wanted to do, take a pair of store bought shoe pads and pick out the foam in places he thought my feet hurt. what the heck is that?

Old 09-02-2009, 05:24 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

VeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB User
Re: Anyon else have foot trouble like this?

Peaches, the screaming foot pain also hits me at minimally a couple times a year. Mine can last several days. It's always when I feel punk overall. And, yes, it's horrible!

Personally I wouldn't pick foam out of my shoe inners---doesn't sound logical to me, either. Maybe instead try putting in extra padding? But honestly, when my soles hurt, Advil helps me some, but it's really TIME that makes it pass. (That's not exactly helpful, huh?) I hope YOU find something that helps more than I've found! Best wishes, Vee

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-02-2009, 08:32 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

goldyfm HB Usergoldyfm HB Usergoldyfm HB User

Foot pain was at the onset of my illness and continues to plague me. It is a tightness that almost feels like cramping, and no matter what I do, it is there. I have worn RYKA or Birkenstocks only for the last few years, so I know that my shoes are not the cause. I also occasionally have the soles of my feet burn like they are on fire. They will do this for several days (nights are really bad) and then it is gone as suddenly as it appeared. I see no pattern to anything that causes this symptom to appear. I know that I routinely sleep with just a sheet as the weight of even a light sheet can make my feet throb even more. It is certainly puzzling all these weird symptoms. I even had the PAD workup and that was negative. I just try to think it is either the Lupus or Fibro expressing itself.

Old 09-03-2009, 02:12 AM   #4
(female)

Angel MJ HB User

i was dx'ed with ... wait for it .... GOUT a 22 y/o female ??? ... i couldn't walk ... then the swelling ... in my case it is the arthiritis ... yay lupus! years later only after being dx'ed did the 'gout, tendinitis etc make sense

so if possible ... i medicate + elevate (check with your doctor) may be inflamation in the blood work!

good luck + take a load off!

Last edited by Angel MJ; 09-03-2009 at 03:08 AM.

Old 09-03-2009, 05:05 AM   #5
(female)

ronics HB User

Oh Man I feel for ya. I have had trouble with my feet since childhood. Surgery at 20 to remove nodules. When my Lupus first reared its ugly head it was my feet that swelled 2x in size in one week. Here is the weird part...over the last three years had my right foot become 2/12 sizes larger the the left! Now I have custom shoes. Made a huge difference in the pain and walking. Also made a huge difference in my wardrobe! They are black and now everything I wear starts with the shoes...oh ya and of course the hat I have to wear day and night indoors and out. Its hard not to look like a crazy bag lady lol.

Old 09-03-2009, 05:17 AM   #6
(female)

Peaches32 HB User

great. so now i don't feel like a hypo, my lupus started before my second son was born, he was born in 1976, and i was just dxed about 2 years ago, dr never would try to find out for sure if it was lupus, said the test was too hard to get right till lately, even drs in another state that we moved to in 1977, but i always knew it was lupus, a friend had an aunt with it, and then later on my brother met an aunt of ours that also had the same lupus rash

anyway the foot thing is never ending for me, just gets worse the more i walk

thanks for the responce!!
sorry for 3 posts, im a totaly doorknob today, i didn't notice the thread went to another page, please excuse my mistake

Last edited by Peaches32; 09-03-2009 at 05:43 AM. Reason: accidently posted 3 times

Old 09-03-2009, 05:26 AM   #7
(female)

Peaches32 HB User

well thats weird, my reply didn't go through, thanks for answering!!
my foot pain dosn't stop, its all the time, just gets worse if i walk alot.

my lupus started in 1975, rash on the face only on one side, no one knew what it was and the doctor i have been seeing for the last 30 years wouldnt test for lupus because he said the tests weren't that good, he finally ran mine about 2 years ago and says yep lupus. but i had a feeling after a friend whos aunt had it told me this, and my brother met an aunt on our dads side that also had it. so i figure that was about 33 years ago or so, right before my second son was born. wonder if pregancy triggered it?

Old 09-03-2009, 05:29 AM   #8
(female)

Peaches32 HB User

well thats weird, my reply didn't go through, thanks for answering!!
my foot pain dosn't stop, its all the time, just gets worse if i walk alot.

my lupus started in 1975, rash on the face only on one side, no one knew what it was and the doctor i have been seeing for the last 30 years wouldnt test for lupus because he said the tests weren't that good, he finally ran mine about 2 years ago and says yep lupus. but i had a feeling after a friend whos aunt had it told me this, and my brother met an aunt on our dads side that also had it. so i figure that was about 33 years ago or so, right before my second son was born. wonder if pregancy triggered it?

this is the 3rd try to post, think im doing something wrong?

Old 09-03-2009, 03:42 PM   #9
(female)

humarock HB User

foot pain is what first sent me to doc cause my big toe was killing and waking me up. also my feet hurt so bad in the am it was hard to get down the stairs. so anyhow i was diagnosed by a rhematologist with fibro and lupus after a few tests.

Old 09-03-2009, 03:43 PM   #10
(female)

humarock HB User

oh gosh even my hair hurts on somedays!

Closed Thread