It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2009, 12:34 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

2cutekids HB User
Ouchie.. :(

Ok, I'm in the wait till the dr's call back stage cause I had my apt last week and they must have been an over sight yesterday and he didn't call and he only makes calls on Wed and Friday stage....

Any whoo, he dx me w/ 'probable Lupus' because I had 3 out of the 4 in the office and was hoping for the ANA DNA to confirm...

Put me on 15 mg of Prednisone for 1 week, felt like 80% better and like a person again.... still a bit of pain but nothing much.... now I'm on 10 mg of it cause he just wanted to see if I would react to it and I"m in more pain now than I was when I went to the dr's. My right hip is killing me. Each step is painful. I'm not quite as stiff as I was before, but DAMN, it hurts!

Has anyone hurt more once the Prednisone was reduced? He only put me on a trail and because he's coolin' his heels, I'm suffering.

The check up was great and really thro, so I don't want to slam him there, but this sucks eggs!

Old 09-03-2009, 07:34 PM   #2
(female)

heidiclouser HB User
Re: Ouchie.. :(

oh yes....decreasing prednisone is painful. it takes awhile for the body to stabalize. you might want to decrease in smaller intervals.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-04-2009, 06:42 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

2cutekids HB User

Well... I got the official dx. I got Lupus. I got the double stranded DNA and w/ the other stuff... the gave me the dx.

Putting me on Plaqunil and bumping the Prednisone for 2 wks and then slowly easing down.

Old 09-04-2009, 08:22 AM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

VeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB User

2cutekids, I'm sorry about your being Dx'ed, but I am glad that you can now get proper treatment & ongoing follow-ups. Plaquenil takes awhile to reach its full effects. Dr. Wallace writes in his hardcover that onset is within 2-3 months, then it takes yet a few months longer to reach its FULL effect.

I remember feeling improvement faster than that, but maybe that was partly relief to know, finally, what was wrong! Keep in touch, OK? Sending you my best wishes, Vee

Old 09-04-2009, 10:22 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

2cutekids HB User

Yeah, thanks VeeJ. I'm sure the Prednisone will make me feel better in the mean time before the Plaquenil kicks in... I is a relief to know I'm not crazy and reading something into an ache that's more than it is...

I finally have a reason to feel like poop and throwing extra Zoloft at me isn't gonna solve the problem, you know... that made me so mad!!! It's been a rough year, started w/ massive depression around Christmas time last year and it's just been piling up and up... Now finally I can get the help I really need!

Thanks for all the support Ladies <3

Old 09-04-2009, 07:39 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

goldyfm HB Usergoldyfm HB Usergoldyfm HB User

I can so identify. It is sad that we have to go through so many doubters before we actually get some answers. I know I felt relieved once I was diagnosed as it was totally depressing having the frustration of not being taken seriously by the medical community. I felt so much better to be validated by any diagnosis and treatment. I will say my depression has improved. Sometimes all it takes is one sympathetic ear. I wish the medical community would teach patient sensitivity classes. It would serve not only the patients but also curb the need for counselling and depression meds.

I know you must be relieved as well. My lupus diagnosis was my salvation, as I had been through countless trials of meds for fibromyalgia and had poor response and actually some made me worse. I went over 2 years that I could not drive due to the adverse reactions I had to meds. My plaquenil treatment has vastly improved my being able to function. I am still unable to work, but I can live independently and enjoy life again. I do know the relief you feel. I am hoping your treatment will see you improve as well.

Old 09-05-2009, 03:12 AM   #7
Facilitator
(female)

VeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB User

2cutekids, the literature discusses depression, so maybe there's there's some biochemical basis in lupus? (Don't know real facts on that, sorry.) Back when, when my symptoms ramped up dramatically, I burst into tears and wailed for two days straight. I'm not prone to prolonged tears, had never gone thru anything like that, and really scared myself.

You read that some people feel worse, not better, on Zoloft & the like.

I felt mood improvement quickly on Plaquenil, and never felt quite like that since, despite wading thru sad yrs. with family problems. Plaquenil has a mild cortical stimulating effect, I think, so maybe that's why? But if you continue to struggle with moods, I hope you draw a line in your mind & revisit the issue with your doctors if you cross that line. With your Dx this week, the context has certainly changed. Here's to better days ahead! Hugs, Vee

Old 09-05-2009, 04:27 AM   #8
Veteran
(female)

2cutekids HB User

I'm still on the Zoloft and I KNOW I need it. I have been struggling w/ mild depression for years but this past winter, it all fell apart. I have no plans on going off it, if I miss a dose I sure can tell cause I'm ready to rip someones head off... It just annoyed me that I knew something else was at play and they thought I was, I don't know what they thought.

I'm lucky in that my sister has Lupus so I knew where to look. She told me to make the apt w/ the Lupus clinic and I'm glad that I did... Now I can start getting better.

Closed Thread