It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2009, 02:02 AM   #1
(female)

brbrmartin HB User
I had a rash on both side of my neck and on chest that comes down to a v

I had a rash on both side of my neck and on chest that comes down to a v

Old 09-04-2009, 05:54 PM   #2
(female)

heidiclouser HB User
Re: I had a rash on both side of my neck and on chest that comes down to a v

and? your question is?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-05-2009, 02:38 AM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

VeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB User
Re: I had a rash on both side of my neck and on chest that comes down to a v

Hi & welcome! Do you suspect your V-shaped neck and chest rash might be a lupus-specific rash? Problem is, dermies don't (or probably shouldn't!) Dx as rash as lupus-specific based solely on appearance. A proper evaluation can involve deep-punch biopsy with immune stain tests, specialized bloodwork (which may or may not show anything), a thorough medical history, standard bloodwork, etc.

Have you already been Dx'ed with lupus, or are your drs. considering it as a possible Dx?

While there a number of lupus-specific rashes, we read about two the most often, probably because they're the only two that appear in the ACR criteria for lupus: discoid (tend to scar &/or depigment) and malar (can resemble a butterfly across bridge of nose). BUT there are others less common & less known, e. g., tumid; SCLE = subacute cutaneous (actually two *different* forms that don't even resemble each other visually!); lupus profundus; etc.

Please know I'm only a patient & read the above in that light. Not sure if this is what you're after---so post more when you can, OK? For now, sending my best wishes to you, sincerely, Vee

Last edited by VeeJ; 09-05-2009 at 02:42 AM. Reason: correction

Closed Thread