It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2009, 07:29 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

k2626 HB User
Have you had this?

Has anyone had constant bouts of pancreas inflammation with Lupus? Mine has been since Feb...had scans and clear which I am thankful as my dad died of pancan. Cannot help but think this is tied to all my nerve pains, muscle twitching, extreme joint cracking etc etc...

Old 09-09-2009, 10:59 AM   #2
(female)

Gypsylady HB User
Re: Have you had this?

hi K2626, I have had bouts of pancreatitis, gerd, IBS, acid reflux all related to the SLE and Sjogren's Syndrome....today was just informed by my Rheumie that the inflammation of the pancreas and inflammation of the lining of my esophagus(SP?) is all related to what he says is MCTD (Mixed connective tissue disease, which is connected to the SLE) I am supposed to stay away from all spicy foods....no plants from the nightshade family (peppers, mushrooms, eggplants, tomatoes....and limit my red meat intake, no alphalpha sprouts nor any dairy....i'm doing more research into this anti-inflammatory diet thing & will follow the Doc's orders to see if it helps me....hope this info helps you

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-09-2009, 11:12 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

k2626 HB User

Wow thanks, this is helpful. Had you been having upper left sided pain or did they run a lipase test that showed inflammation of your pancreas?

I have not been dx'd with lupus, but have had so many unexplained things going on with my body for 2 plus yrs now. My sed rate, ana and lupus tests were clear so not sure what to think. The drs have no clue what is happening.

Old 09-09-2009, 11:34 AM   #4
(female)

Gypsylady HB User

Hi k2626,
glad to be able to be of some help with your questions....far as the pain that I have endured was all upper quadrant on the left side....they knew that there was some inflammation of the pancreas so they did an ultra sound & also an abdominal CT (radioactive isotopes) but those tests came out clear w/no abnormalities but because of my high sed rate & ANA counts being so high they knew that it was an inflammatory response to something...not sure if they ran a lipase test or not....but will ask the doc on Oct 6 when I go back....writing that down now LOL....well I hope that they find out what is going on with you soon cause the wondering what the heck is happening can drive us nuts....we know that something is going on but the doc's seem to take forever in figuring out what is the root cause....for you for now maybe try limiting certain foods and see if the pancreatitis bouts settle a bit....I'm still going to research that anti-inflammatory diet that my doc recommended me to follow....see if he maybe might know what he is talking about LOL

Closed Thread