It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-28-2009, 11:22 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

k2626 HB User
Pain!

Hi all, a yr ago I started to get very painful migratory joint pains, normally in random fingers/toes ankle. They calmed down a lot about 6 months ago and over the past couple days I have been getting them horribly in odd parts of my fingers, always effecting a joint. Thankfully the pain lasts a couple seconds but then hops elsewhere or comes back minutes later. I feel as though the pains are worse then usual. The thing is, there is no swelling. It almost feels like a deep toothache but in btw my joints, or how it feels when you drop something on your toe when its really cold.

Also, I still have tons of red painful bumps on my scalp. I am going to my derm on Friday and have a msg out to my rheum to undergo more tests

Does anyone here get pains like this? They are so painful they make me catch my breath

Old 09-29-2009, 05:17 AM   #2
(female)

rchar HB User
Re: Pain!

That is how my pain feels. I haven't yet been diagnosed but go back Monday to get test results. I know what you mean, cause that is my pain to a T. The pains last for seconds go away and come back. Sometimes my pain lasts longer, but right now mostly just twinges as i call them. Hopefully you get answers...Good Luck!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-29-2009, 10:24 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

goldyfm HB Usergoldyfm HB Usergoldyfm HB User

I suppose that this may be a possibility and I am at a disadvantage as I have fibromyalgia and lupus. I know that I feel that the majority of my symptoms are from the lupus but of course, it would be impossible to prove. I only know that I have had some improvement since on the lupus treatment. I have to defer judgement to those that are lupus only. But I will say that the twinges, sudden and then fleeting pain was present in the beginning of my onset of symptoms but that gradually increased to almost constant pain. It is a strange disorder as it can affect joints in some, skin in others and organ systems in others. I would be patient until you get some answers. I know that often times it is a wait and see, I do hope that you find some answers soon. I know others who may not have dual diagnoses may be able to share a little more light on the subject. I do know that several auto-immune diseases often have the common instance of heightened sensitivity to pain. I suggest that you read the sticky posts at the top of the lupus board as it is a wonderful source of information on the disease.

Old 09-29-2009, 01:51 PM   #4
(female)

sk84life HB Usersk84life HB Usersk84life HB User

Yes, I was having them too.....and still get them at times, although much less since I was put on Plaquanil and it is beginning to work (2-1/2 months.) Migratory joint pains without obvious swelling is quite common in lupus....more noticable during a flare although you might not think you are having a flare

I do hope you are seeking the help of a rheumatologist.

Closed Thread