It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2009, 06:14 PM   #1
(female)

home sweet home HB User
lupus

Hi all,yes I am new here but been reading now for awhile. It has given alot of info. It will help me alot sense you know what i am going through.Since i dont look sick people think Im full of it. I have needed a place just to vent alittle.I dont work and stay in alot, onley leave unless I have to. Not real good on the computer without my husband. So if it takes me awhile to respond I sorry.Learning as I go. But am sure glad to be here. Ok lets get to all the good stuff. I was diagnosed with lupus in 2006 but had it since 2003. It started with a rash then extreme fatique.There is alot more story between those year but I dont want to bore you with it. Then came osteoarthrities then ra, fibro,restless leg,Ibs,raynauds,depression,anxiety,inso mnia,pulsatile tinnitus,urinary frequency,chonic fatique,cognitive dysfunction,allergies,chronic bronchitis. And the meds. Im on are premarin,fexofenadine,hydroxychloriquine ,tramadol,lexapro,vesicare,hyomax,cyclob enzaphine,ropinirol,albutiral.and of coarse all the symptoms and side effects that go along with them. So can you see how I could use all of your wonderfull support. I have filled for ss and of coarse was denied,got a lawyer that only does ss last june, so I have a long way to go. But some days are just over whelming. Thanks for letting me share.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-03-2009, 08:22 PM   #2
(female)

heidiclouser HB User
Re: lupus

Hi Home and welcome to the group. Come anytime to vent, cry or ask questions. While we are all different we can understand what you are going through.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-04-2009, 09:14 AM   #3
(female)

home sweet home HB User

Hi,heidiclouser thanks for the warm welcome. I forgot to mention one other med I was on.nabumetone 750mg. when I was on cymbalta it raised my blood pressure sky high so I had to get off of it. but before I did I bought me a fish aquarium to help me relaxe. I like to watch it befoe I go to bed. It does help, wish it would help with the aches and pain. I just dont have the energy any more. I can only do a couple of thing aday. If I over do it takes me days to recover. I use to be so intergetic and go go go. Im only 51,cant believe this is what my life as become.Like so many others on here. I cant take a bath anymore because of my weak ankles and wrist,I have always been a bath person. So I really miss it, it helped to relieve the pain for awhile. So a shower will just have to do. thank again.

Old 10-04-2009, 09:06 PM   #4
(female)

heidiclouser HB User

Home....I cant remember the last time I took a bath. I love to get into a hot tub at the gym and just sit for 10 minutes....then I get a UTI But it is worth it.

Lupus does change one's life. You'll learn how to prioritize and choose what is worth overdoing it for. The fish tank is a great stress reliever. I used to have a screen saver that had fish swimming around all the time. Now I shop when I'm down or not feeling well. And I watch really crappy tv. My husband is always kidding me about what I watch. Right now i have Bridezillas on....now that is bad.

I had 4 doctor appointments this last week and now I have many tests that need to be done in the next 2 weeks. It seems it is always something. Tomorrow is blood work. Tuesday is echo cardiogram and dentist....and it goes on. It seems to be 1 step forward and 2 steps back.

I'm off to take a long hot shower. Hope you have a good week.

Old 10-05-2009, 04:39 PM   #5
(female)

home sweet home HB User

Heidi,yes I know what you mean about dr. visits, the last two months I had 3 visit for depression. Finally got the right meds. Had two visits IBS, thats only going to help 50%. But I will take anything!Then I had a test done for osteoporsis,dont have that but do have osteopenia.Wed. have my hearly eye exam. because of the hydroxycloriquine I take. Thurs. I also have a dentist appt. I bet I have been to the dentist 25 times in the last 7 yrs. I think because of lupus and possible fibro Iv lost all my teeth in the back. I cant believe you can go shopping when you feel bad. I hate going any where even when I feel good. You are right about the movie you were watching also.Not my kind of show.But I will confess a few weeks ago we watched king-kong.Nothing else on and we really did get involved in it! Take Care home sweet home

Old 10-05-2009, 07:14 PM   #6
(female)

heidiclouser HB User

Home...I don't shop live...I shop online or on tv. Malls and I don't agree. And the teeth....I need to have 4 back teeth pulled but doc won't do it until I get my prednisone level down. I can only stand having half my teeth cleaned at one time so go twice for each regular checkup. And the list goes on and on.....

Old 10-05-2009, 08:27 PM   #7
Facilitator
(female)

VeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB User

Home Sweet Home, just saying HI & WELCOME. Know what you mean about seemingly endless dr. appts... Seems to be part of the drill, huh? I hate it, too. I'm glad you're posting here & hope you continue. Warm wishes, VeeJ

Old 10-07-2009, 08:40 AM   #8
(female)

home sweet home HB User

Hi vee, I have been reading along while and see your name often. I wasnt suprised hearing from you. It made me happy that you did. Thanks alot. Iam so glad I found this sight, it is wonderful! home sweet home

Closed Thread