It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2009, 11:34 PM   #1
(female)

StaceyFace189 HB User
Pain in my Fingers?

I was first diagnosed 1995. I have been doing well for the past 2 years. Suddenly I have been having burning, bruise like pain in my fingers. Both thumbs and 1st fingers. It is unbearable. I started a course of prednisone almost a week ago. not helping, which is unusual. Plaquinil 400mg daily, again no releif. going back to Rhuematologist tomorrow. Anyone know what this might be? It is a constant achy pain. Then when I do something with my hands it turnes to burning almosty itchy.

Anyone ever have or hear of this????

Old 10-12-2009, 11:32 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

goldyfm HB Usergoldyfm HB Usergoldyfm HB User
Re: Pain in my Fingers?

I have had almost constant pain in the little and ring finger on my left hand. To feel the joints, it feels hot and tender but no swelling. I even have a burning and heat like presence on the side of the hand down to wrist running from those two fingers down. I don't attribute any injury or activity to its presence. It has pretty much been constant over the last 2-3 years. I just had to learn to live with it. Luckily it is not my dominant hand. I do not have RA only lupus and FMS. It is annoying but not much I can do about it. I try to sleep with my hand stretched out but I do admit I am a fist clencher unless I make an effort to not do so. I use a topical analgesic and sometimes I use a parafin bath but like I said, nothing much helps. I do understand.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-13-2009, 04:56 PM   #3
(female)

StaceyFace189 HB User

thanks, it helps knowing I am not alone. The pain subsides to a dull ache when I am not doing anything, but the minute I use my fingers the pain is so bad I can cry at times. Definately a 9 on scale of 1-10. Tried oxycodone, but just makes me sleepy and pain is still there. Maybe its neuropathic. ??

thanks for being there.

Old 10-13-2009, 05:15 PM   #4
(female)

heidiclouser HB User

I have trouble with my left hand....fingers don't work. Had surgery on my wrist about 10 weeks ago and now go to OT 3x a week. Unfortunately my fingers still don't work.

Old 10-13-2009, 07:50 PM   #5
(female)

StaceyFace189 HB User

Ouch. Keep up with the OT are you doing PT as well? I pray they start to work again soon. Hugs!!!!

Old 10-13-2009, 09:42 PM   #6
(female)

heidiclouser HB User

It's a comvination of OT and PT....exercises, electro stimulation, stretching. My biggest issue is getting the feeling back...they cut lots of little nerves that need to reconnect. Just another benefit of UCTD.

Old 10-14-2009, 02:02 AM   #7
(female)

Tess295 HB User

My fingers on right hand hurt most of the time, again no swelling but hot to touch. So sore a couple of days ago I could not use that hand to drive and I have a manual car, that was a fun drive home :-) . I finally go to a seminar tomorrow on lupus and thanks to the info I have gained on this sight I am well armed.
Tess

Old 10-28-2009, 09:12 AM   #8
(female)

ResilientRed HB User

Stacey,

Ask your doctor if it could be a form of Raynaud's disease. My rheumatologist suggests that itís not uncommon for people with lupus.

Occasionally, the disease is only present in two fingers on my left hand (which can be frustrating since Iím left handed). My fingers OFTEN turn blue and feel cold and numb, and my sensory perception is dulled (due to limited blood circulation).

It seems that women are more likely to have Raynaud's disease. It's also more common in people who live in colder climates. Sometimes it takes less than a minute to several hours for it to resolve back to normal.

Closed Thread